Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

MY NAME IS PALESTINE

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 84 Replies
3 moms liked this

Found this on Facebook:

MY NAME IS PALESTINE, I have been under occupation since 1948. Since then, my people have been killed everyday. From unborn children being ripped out of pregnant women, to the elders being dragged out of their homes, beaten up brutally, knocked down on their knees and lined up to be killed. Mothers lose their children everyday, wives are left widowed and children are left orphans. My people live in fear everyday, knowing that any minute, their front door will be kicked down by Israeli soldiers and will be shot down one by one. Knowing that their children, mothers and fathers may never return home due to being killed by the Zionists.

My children are seen as terrorists because they throw stones at the Zionists tanks and drones. The media has made me look like a terrorist state and my people as the enemy. The media makes Zionists look like the victim. The media makes it look okay for an illegal state under the International Law to take over the home of innocents.

My name is Palestine. I exist. My people exist. And though I don't exist in the media's and Zionists eyes, though I don't exist on the map, I exist in the heart of millions around the world..

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimah
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Click to join

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Talk about a dose of effing reality. Fuck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM
9 moms liked this

Wow. What a huge pile of crappy propaganda.

I for one, would like to see a credible source supporting THIS line: "From unborn children being ripped out of pregnant women, "

BTW- the media HARDLY makes Israel look like a victim. Quite the opposite. IN FACT! Today on Yahoo! Ap news, an article discussing the 3 Israeli deaths and rocket fire into Tel Aviv featured a LARGE and PROMINENT picture of Palestinian suffering.

However, if we have propaganda to post, I'm all sorts of ready to go! Shall we have a contest to see who can post more?

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/rockets-gaza-jolt-tel-aviv-area-174332163.html Is the link to the article and photo I am refering too.

lga1965
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Anyway ....I don't see how anyone in America can complain about living here when this is happening . And idiots are so unhappy they want to secede ?
Israel and Palestine are living hells.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:46 PM
3 moms liked this

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

pampire
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this

What is being and has been done to Palestine is wrong.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM

The Impact of the Conflict
on Children

1,477 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis and 129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians since September 29, 2000.

Hover over each bar for exact numbers.
Number of Children Killed Per YearIsraelisPalestini...2000200120022003200420052006200720082009201020112012075150225300Year

“The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

Catherine Cook

SourceRemember These Children, a coalition of groups calling for an end to the killing of children and a fair resolution of the conflict. (View the complete list of the victims, which was last updated on October 2, 2012.)

It appears that Remember These Children has not yet documented a number of the Palestinian children killed during Israel's Dec 27, 2008 - Jan 18, 2009 assault on Gaza. They report only 269 of the Palestinian children killed during that time (and an additional 9 who later died from wounds inflicted during that time period). B'Tselem has documented that Israel killed 318 Palestinian children in Gaza during this time. We do not doubt the validity of this higher number as they are extremely careful in their documentation.
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Israelis and Palestinians Killed in the Current Violence

At least 6,617 Palestinians and 1,097 Israelis
have been killed since September 29, 2000.

Number of People Killed Per YearIsraelisPalestini...200020012002200320042005200620072008200920102011201203006009001,200Year

American news reports repeatedly describe Israeli military attacks against the Palestinian population as “retaliation.” However, when one looks into the chronology of death in this conflict, the reality turns out to be quite different.

SourceB'Tselem, The Israeli Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories. (Visit their statistics page, last updated August 31, 2012.)

The numbers cited above include civilians and combatants killed by members of the opposing nationality (and therefore, do not include Palestinians killed by an explosive device that they set or was on their person, Israelis killed in 'friendly fire' incidents, etc.). The numbers also do not include the sizable number of Palestinians who died as a result of inability to reach medical care due to Israeli road closures, curfews, the Israeli closure of border crossing from Gaza, etc.

The figure for Palestinian deaths is extremely conservative, since it is difficult for B'Tselem to report on deaths in the Palestinian territories. The Palestine Red Crescent Society, internationally respected for its statistical rigor, reports significantly higher numbers of Palestinian deaths. We do not doubt the reliability of their data, and only use B'Tselem's more conservative numbers because they collect data on both populations.

In the past we used the statistics provided by Israel’s military for the number of Israelis killed, but they have not updated their statistics pagesince early in 2006. In addition, there is reason to believe that their numbers may have been somewhat inflated.

Breakdown of Deaths

Israelis

Palestinians

Children Killed
(More on the impact on children.)
Remember These Children
Remember These Children
Civilians* Killed731
B'Tselem
3,535 - 4,226
B'Tselem
People killed in the course of a targeted killing1408 or more
B'Tselem
People who were the object of a targeted killing1238
B'Tselem
People killed on own land586 (54.1%)
B'Tselem
6,359 (98.9%)
B'Tselem
People killed on others' land498 (45.9%)
B'Tselem
71 (1.1%)
B'Tselem

* The Palestinian people do not have a military, so the usual classification of civilian is not being used. Instead B'Tselem provides data on the number of Palestinians who did not participate in hostilities, a significantly more stringent qualification than the one used to identify Israeli civilians. We do not know how many of the Israelis listed as civilians participated in the hostilities. Many settlers who illegally have taken over parts of the West Bank (and used to live in parts of the Gaza Strip) are heavily armed and there have been numerous reports of their brutal attacks on their Palestinian neighbors.

Causes of Deaths of Israeli Soldiers

Committed Suicide30
Illness14
Accidents26
Terror Incidents6

Source: Israeli newspaper Ma’ariv, Oct. 10, 2005, p. 6.
Note: The paper also reported that since 1992, 459 Israeli soldiers have committed suicide.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Israelis and Palestinians Injured in the Current Violence

At least 48,944 Palestinians and 9,053 Israelis 
have been injured since September 29, 2000.

Number of People Injured Per YearIsraelisPalestini...200020012002200320042005200620072008200920102011201203,0006,0009,00012,000Year

“With no shooting from the Palestinian side, and often little or no use of tear gas to disperse the protests, Israeli soldiers have repeatedly fired live ammunition into unarmed crowds.”

Shoot to Maim

Source: The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has collected data on both Israeli and Palestinian injuries since 2005. Their Protection of Civilians: Casualties Database provides careful and detailed documentation for each recorded injury, including location, gender, age, type of weapon used, context and incident type, and nationality of both the offender and the injured.

The database does not include injuries for either population during Israel's "Cast Lead" assault on Gaza from December 27, 2008 to January 18, 2009, possibly because the organization did not have access to the Gaza Strip. However, in a separate report concerning the humanitarian situation in Gaza, OCHA reports that 5,380 Palestinians were injured and 523 Israelis were injured during the offensive. Because the exact date of each of these injuries is unknown to us, they were added to our 2009 column, although a portion of these injuries actually occurred in the last four days of 2008. (See the list of all ofOCHA's reports on the Gaza Crisis.)

The Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) reports that 28,372 Palestinians were injured between 2000 and 2004. The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs reports that 7,247 Israelis were injured during the same time period.

The exact number of Palestinians injured during the current uprising is very difficult to ascertain. This is caused in part by the chaos that ensued following the re-invasion of the West Bank during March and April 2002, the brutal attack on Gaza in the 2008-09 winter, and also by the fact that many Palestinian injuries go unreported and untreated (The PRCS numbers only include people who sought medical attention for their injuries.). It is believed that more than 10,000 Palestinian children had already been injured in the first several years of this violence.

It is also possible that the statistics from Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs are not completely accurate. They may include non-Israelis injured in the conflict as well as Israelis who were injured in other places or by people who are not Palestinian.

We have been unable to find details about the breakdown of injury types suffered by Israelis, so the chart below only applies to the Palestinians injured.
(If you know a reliable source for such information, please contact us. Thanks!)

Palestinian Injuries
Sep 30, 2000 - Dec 31, 2008

Percentage of those injured that are minors

West Bank: 35.7%; Gaza: 20%
Palestine Monitor

Injured by Live Ammunition

PRCS

Injured by Rubber-/Plastic-Coated Bullets

PRCS

Injured by Tear Gas

PRCS

Injured by Misc. Causes

PRCS

Number of Permanent Disabilities

2,500+
Palestine Monitor

Israeli Injuries
(Source: Israeli Foreign Ministry)

Israeli Injuries

Severely Injured

Moderately Injured

Lightly Injured

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)