Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Found this on Facebook:

MY NAME IS PALESTINE, I have been under occupation since 1948. Since then, my people have been killed everyday. From unborn children being ripped out of pregnant women, to the elders being dragged out of their homes, beaten up brutally, knocked down on their knees and lined up to be killed. Mothers lose their children everyday, wives are left widowed and children are left orphans. My people live in fear everyday, knowing that any minute, their front door will be kicked down by Israeli soldiers and will be shot down one by one. Knowing that their children, mothers and fathers may never return home due to being killed by the Zionists.

My children are seen as terrorists because they throw stones at the Zionists tanks and drones. The media has made me look like a terrorist state and my people as the enemy. The media makes Zionists look like the victim. The media makes it look okay for an illegal state under the International Law to take over the home of innocents.

My name is Palestine. I exist. My people exist. And though I don't exist in the media's and Zionists eyes, though I don't exist on the map, I exist in the heart of millions around the world..

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Google searching "Israeli Settlements Demolished" shows that this cute little chat is a pile of incorrect crap.

Quoting muslimahpj:

Homes Demolished in Israel and Palestine

0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and over 27,000 Palestinian homeshave been demolished by Israel since 1967.

Number of Homes DemolishedIsraelPalestinians07,00014,00021,00028,000

“Any humanitarian looking at the sheer number of innocent civilians who have lost their homes can only condemn Israel’s house demolition policy as a hugely disproportionate military response by an occupation army... It is a policy that creates only hardship and bitterness, and in the end can only undermine hope for future reconciliation and peace.”

– Peter Hansen, Commissioner General of UNRWA

Statistics SourceThe Israeli Committee Against Home Demolitionsestimates that over 27,000 houses have been demolished in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza since 1967 (as of July 28, 2012). According to ICAHD:

"Since 1967, about 27,000 Palestinian homes and other structures (livestock pens and fencing for example) crucial for a family’s livelihood, have been demolished in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), including East Jerusalem. It is impossible to know how many homes exactly because the Israeli authorities only report on the demolition of “structures,” which may be homes or may be other structures. When a seven-story apartment building is demolished containing more than 20 housing units, that is considered only one demolition."

In addition to the homes demolished by Israel, thousands of Palestinian homes have been destroyed or significantly damaged by Israeli bombing and shelling. The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs reports that during Israel's Operation 'Cast Lead' assault on Gaza from Decemeber 27, 2008 to January 18, 2009,

"3,540 homes were destroyed in the course of the hostilities, 2,870 homes were severely damaged and 52,900 homes sustained minor damage. Some 2,618 homes destroyed or damaged beyond repair during 'Cast Lead' await rebuilding, primarily due to the blockade and restrictions on the entry of construction materials through the Kerem Shalom crossing. "

While Palestinians have not demolished any Israeli homes, there is one known case of a Palestinian destroying an Israeli home in an explosion.

Summary of Israel’s Home Demolition Policy

B’Tselem
Excerpts from “Through No Fault of Their Own,”
Nov 15, 2004.
(Read the Synopsis and Full Report.)

Watch B’Tselem Video on Home Demolitions

“During the course of the al-Aqsa intifada, which began in September 2000, Israel has implemented a policy of mass demolition of Palestinian houses in the Occupied Territories. In that period, Israel has destroyed some 4,170 Palestinian homes.

“The IDF carries out three types of house demolitions. Most are carried out in the framework of what Israel calls ‘clearing operations,’ which are intended to meet what Israel defines as ‘military needs.’ These operations take place primarily in the Gaza Strip: along the Egyptian border, which passes through Rafah and its refugee camps; around settlements and army posts; alongside roads used by settlers and IDF forces; and in the northern part of the Gaza Strip [...]

“The second type of demolition are administrative demolitions of houses built without a permit. These demolitions take place in Area C in the West Bank, where Israel retains authority over planning and building even after the establishment of the Palestinian Authority, and in East Jerusalem. [...]

“The third kind of house demolitions are those intended to punish the relatives and neighbors of Palestinians who carried out or are suspected of involvement in attacks against Israeli civilians or soldiers. These punitive demolitions are intended for the homes in which these suspects lived. However, in many cases, adjacent homes are also destroyed.”

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I have to say that it's hard to believe the chart that says not one Israeli home has been destroyed in all these years of war and bombs.  Not one?  Really?  And how do you count a chicken coup or fencing as a home?

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Quoting trippyhippy:

I have to say that it's hard to believe the chart that says not one Israeli home has been destroyed in all these years of war and bombs.  Not one?  Really?  And how do you count a chicken coup or fencing as a home?

Well, seriously- Israel has demolished some of it's own homes for being on Palestinian land.

Of course, why would they want to report THAT?

trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Really? Now, not only has no homes been destroyed but they are destroying their own homes? Can't you see how unrealistic that sounds?
Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting trippyhippy:

Well, seriously- Israel has demolished some of it's own homes for being on Palestinian land.

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I know. Weird to think of them not allowing illegal structures, built without permit. Barbarians. That's what thet must be.

Quoting trippyhippy:

Really? Now, not only has no homes been destroyed but they are destroying their own homes? Can't you see how unrealistic that sounds?
Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting trippyhippy:

ihave1
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quoting ihave1:

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

NOPE, that's not what I'm saying at all.

ihave1
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:21 PM

So what are you saying than?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:24 PM

i think the fighting needs to stop.

let palestine keep their land and homes and find a way to co-exist

ethans_momma06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm saying that the bullshit in the original article needs to stop.

Palestinians aren't some helpless victims, meek and trembling. The innocent who have done no wrong in the face of these barbaric blood thirsty hellish perverted Israelis.

These are a people who have fought peace (perhaps with good cause, not the debate Im making here). These are a people who have engaged in war, not by fighting an army, but by attacking civilians. By INTENTIONALLY killing the innocent.

I have yet to see the claim that Israelis are forcibly removing unborn children from pregnant women backed up by anything credible.

However, the claim that three innocent children- AN INFANT- was brutally, intentionally murdered... well. That's widely documented.

Now, I'm not saying that the Palestinians don't have cause to attack. I'm not saying that the Israelis have done no wrong, or haven't engaged in horrible acts.

I'm saying that THIS article is crap, and people should notice.

Quoting ihave1:

So what are you saying than?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN