Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Found this on Facebook:

MY NAME IS PALESTINE, I have been under occupation since 1948. Since then, my people have been killed everyday. From unborn children being ripped out of pregnant women, to the elders being dragged out of their homes, beaten up brutally, knocked down on their knees and lined up to be killed. Mothers lose their children everyday, wives are left widowed and children are left orphans. My people live in fear everyday, knowing that any minute, their front door will be kicked down by Israeli soldiers and will be shot down one by one. Knowing that their children, mothers and fathers may never return home due to being killed by the Zionists.

My children are seen as terrorists because they throw stones at the Zionists tanks and drones. The media has made me look like a terrorist state and my people as the enemy. The media makes Zionists look like the victim. The media makes it look okay for an illegal state under the International Law to take over the home of innocents.

My name is Palestine. I exist. My people exist. And though I don't exist in the media's and Zionists eyes, though I don't exist on the map, I exist in the heart of millions around the world..

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (51-60):
ABeautifulQadar
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Sisters youre doing an awesome job trying to educate ppl but I just dont know how you deal with the ignorance. It makes me sick.

amylovesnick07
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
All i am going to say is i am on Israel's side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Sisters youre doing an awesome job trying to educate ppl but I just dont know how you deal with the ignorance. It makes me sick.

Salaams Sister

It used to be much worse on this board, believe me.

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this

is that what you think about loose acting women who get raped too?

and please tell me, are those mothers and children the ones doing the bombing? no they are not. they are innocents. how dare you be so flippant?  i have read many books written by palestinians about being forced from their homes, their land, so the jews would have somewhere to go, BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTED THEM. so let's just give them these guys land, who cares if we displace millions of people? no big deal eh...and btw, here is america, siding with...whoever the fuck, thye blow the shit out of countries which declined to be a part of the united nations when it was formed. those leaders walked out of that meeting, they refused to sign away their countires, and i dont blame them one fucking bit. and ever since then, they have been labled as "terrorists" and have been under fire. who is the terrorist here? what right does anyone have to divy up land that isn't theirs? oh right i forgot, thats what americans, and the british and europeans do, right? the hell with those who were there first.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Don't care ~ it's one sided (and fairly untruthful) propaganda. Palestine keeps on asking for what it gets.

I've never said that Israel is blameless or completely innocent, but I'm not stupid enough to ignore what Palestine keeps doing and pity them (as a nation). The fact that Palestine (and other Arab countries) continue to howl for eliminating Israel and Jews means that I have no sympathy for ANY of them.

I'm also familiar enough with history to know that Ottoman Turkey sided with Hitler ... which is why other countries were allowed to divide up the land. That's what happens to losers ... they lose what they had.

Quoting stacymomof2:

So no answer, then?  Yes, I know your stance on Israel.  

Quoting Farmlady09:

Did you not read my answer? I side firmly with Israel on this issue. They signed the papers, "Palestine" (which still isn't actually a country) didn't. Palestine, along with several other countries declared war on the brand new Israel. They lost. Israel won.

Palestine has continued to reject the partition, continued to wage a very ineffectual war against Israel, continued to let it's people suffer and live in squalor. That is a choice Palestine makes. If the people are sick of it (and I firmly agree they have every right to be) then they need to toss Hamas and the rest of their ilk across the nearest border or execute every one of them and get on with living peacefully.

Since the people voted for Hamas, I question whether there was a fair vote, or if they actually just enjoy getting their collective behinds blown up every time they nibble on Israel. If that sounds flippant, it's because it is to a certain extent. Every time this comes up I see a chihuahua running up and biting the leg of a great dane ... and then howling for help when the great dane sits on him. Can't help it.

I don't like war. I don't like death and destruction. Sane people do everything possible to avoid it ... which also makes me question just how sane anyone in Palestine is that supports Hamas or lobbibng bombs at Israel.

Right now all I've got to say to them is the same thing the progressives/liberals say to people who are fed up enough to sign a petition to secede ... 'get a grip' and start cooperating and compromising (and don't expect Israel to do so because 'they won').

Quoting stacymomof2:

What is your response to MuslimahPJs posts?  Do you deny their accuracy or do you not care?

Quoting Farmlady09:

Are you NOT aware that the aggression started with Palestine and several other Arab countries? They started a war against Israel and never bothered to even sign the paperwork on their own country or work on it.

They LOST that war, and the land in question today was taken by Israel during that war. By right of conquest it belongs to Israel ~ not Palestine.

In all these years, Palestine has consistently and vehemently refused to join the rest of the world, take care of it's people, or stop lobbing bombs at Israel. When Israel fires back, all that the world hears is a huge pity party thrown by Palestine.

Here's an idea Palestine ~ quit bombing the neighbors and spend your bomb money on housing and infrastructure.

Quoting pampire:

What is being and has been done to Palestine is wrong.

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM

what farm woman? no response to that?  you are a jerk. 

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Why would Palestinians sign the partition agreement and hand over their lands to Jews when the Jews were the minority both in terms of demographic and in terms of the land thy owned. Exactly what logic do you follow that makes you think Palestinians should have gone along with what the imperial powers at the time were forcing on them? Would Americans be willing to partition part of America to a minority group? You are forgetting the whole partition thing was forced and unjust. It is laughable that people think Palestinians should just have no problem handing over their land and livelihood to Zionists. Yeah, what is sick and evil is that you think it is acceptable for Jews to take over the land and country that didn't belong to them in the first place, kill and force the population out, and then call themselves the legitimate state. I see Israeili propaganda has been working.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really? Israel signed the partition agreement. Palestine refused, and within hours Palestine and other Arab nations launched what became known as the 6 day war against Israel.

That's the reality. Those who taught you different are the ones that lied ... and if they taught you that to teach you to hate, that would fall under sick and evil.

Quoting nb34:

All of what you said is pure lie and distortion of history. This is why Israeili supporters disgusts me. They lie and lie and distort the reality and deny the crimes Israeilis have and continue to comit against Palestinians. Sick, and evil.

Quoting Farmlady09:

No ~ it is ok for the Jews to kill Muslims every time the Muslims attack them. That btw is not an attack, it's called self defense.

The first attack came from Palestine and other Arab countries, and I support Israel's right to keep right on defending itself (AND the land that Palestine lost in that first 6 day war) just as long as Palestine keeps on attacking.

Quoting ihave1:

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Who voted for Hamas to lead them?

America didn't draw up that partition ~ so stop blaming them. For that matter, stop blaming the Jewish people, because they had no say in it either. The UN drew up those new boundaries. Palestinians made a bad choice in 1948 and they insist on repeating it over and over and over and over.

My honest thoughts are that it is horrid ~ but I'm not the one MAKING those choices. I'm certainly not the one calling for genocide against the Israeli people and lobbing bombs at them. I'm not the one stopping/ raiding aid meant for the people there and selling food to buy more rockets. Yes, I think that is stupid. Yes, I support Israel's right to exist and to defend itself. Yes, I also support their right to keep the land Palestine lost ~ or at least prevent Palestine terrorists from using it to get their bloody rockets closer to Israel.

I could care less if you like my opinion or my attitude about it. And, if you're so worried about 'who was there first' than all those Palestinians need to back off and let the Greeks move back in ... because they were there first.

Quoting D.O.E.:

is that what you think about loose acting women who get raped too?

and please tell me, are those mothers and children the ones doing the bombing? no they are not. they are innocents. how dare you be so flippant?  i have read many books written by palestinians about being forced from their homes, their land, so the jews would have somewhere to go, BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTED THEM. so let's just give them these guys land, who cares if we displace millions of people? no big deal eh...and btw, here is america, siding with...whoever the fuck, thye blow the shit out of countries which declined to be a part of the united nations when it was formed. those leaders walked out of that meeting, they refused to sign away their countires, and i dont blame them one fucking bit. and ever since then, they have been labled as "terrorists" and have been under fire. who is the terrorist here? what right does anyone have to divy up land that isn't theirs? oh right i forgot, thats what americans, and the british and europeans do, right? the hell with those who were there first.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Don't care ~ it's one sided (and fairly untruthful) propaganda. Palestine keeps on asking for what it gets.

I've never said that Israel is blameless or completely innocent, but I'm not stupid enough to ignore what Palestine keeps doing and pity them (as a nation). The fact that Palestine (and other Arab countries) continue to howl for eliminating Israel and Jews means that I have no sympathy for ANY of them.

I'm also familiar enough with history to know that Ottoman Turkey sided with Hitler ... which is why other countries were allowed to divide up the land. That's what happens to losers ... they lose what they had.

Quoting stacymomof2:

So no answer, then?  Yes, I know your stance on Israel.  

Quoting Farmlady09:

Did you not read my answer? I side firmly with Israel on this issue. They signed the papers, "Palestine" (which still isn't actually a country) didn't. Palestine, along with several other countries declared war on the brand new Israel. They lost. Israel won.

Palestine has continued to reject the partition, continued to wage a very ineffectual war against Israel, continued to let it's people suffer and live in squalor. That is a choice Palestine makes. If the people are sick of it (and I firmly agree they have every right to be) then they need to toss Hamas and the rest of their ilk across the nearest border or execute every one of them and get on with living peacefully.

Since the people voted for Hamas, I question whether there was a fair vote, or if they actually just enjoy getting their collective behinds blown up every time they nibble on Israel. If that sounds flippant, it's because it is to a certain extent. Every time this comes up I see a chihuahua running up and biting the leg of a great dane ... and then howling for help when the great dane sits on him. Can't help it.

I don't like war. I don't like death and destruction. Sane people do everything possible to avoid it ... which also makes me question just how sane anyone in Palestine is that supports Hamas or lobbibng bombs at Israel.

Right now all I've got to say to them is the same thing the progressives/liberals say to people who are fed up enough to sign a petition to secede ... 'get a grip' and start cooperating and compromising (and don't expect Israel to do so because 'they won').

Quoting stacymomof2:

What is your response to MuslimahPJs posts?  Do you deny their accuracy or do you not care?

Quoting Farmlady09:

Are you NOT aware that the aggression started with Palestine and several other Arab countries? They started a war against Israel and never bothered to even sign the paperwork on their own country or work on it.

They LOST that war, and the land in question today was taken by Israel during that war. By right of conquest it belongs to Israel ~ not Palestine.

In all these years, Palestine has consistently and vehemently refused to join the rest of the world, take care of it's people, or stop lobbing bombs at Israel. When Israel fires back, all that the world hears is a huge pity party thrown by Palestine.

Here's an idea Palestine ~ quit bombing the neighbors and spend your bomb money on housing and infrastructure.

Quoting pampire:

What is being and has been done to Palestine is wrong.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Please accept this burned out match as a token of my heartfelt remorse. I was outside keeping a kindling bunny alive if it's really any of your business. Like it or not, getting that stuck kit out of her and making sure she lived was more important than your angst. Grow up.

Quoting D.O.E.:

what farm woman? no response to that?  you are a jerk. 

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Sorry, but that is what frequently happens when a nation loses a war. I didn't draw up the agreement. I wasn't even born.

The partition may have been forced, but it was hardly unjust. Both sides were given equal benefits and land, but the Palestinian people rejected it. Instead of building themselves a country they have deliberately trashed their land, starved their people, and for what? So a bunch of a$$hats can beat their chests and brag about shooting yet another rocket at Israel.

I feel sorry for the women and children, the majority of which are just as abused by 'men' like that as by the conditions they are stuck living in. That doesn't change my opinion as far as Israel, nor will it.

As for what I would do as far as America ~ I'd fight to the death against invaders, but if we lost, I sure wouldn't put my children or grandchildren's lives in danger to keep fighting a losing battle. I'm stubborn, not stupid.

Quoting nb34:

Why would Palestinians sign the partition agreement and hand over their lands to Jews when the Jews were the minority both in terms of demographic and in terms of the land thy owned. Exactly what logic do you follow that makes you think Palestinians should have gone along with what the imperial powers at the time were forcing on them? Would Americans be willing to partition part of America to a minority group? You are forgetting the whole partition thing was forced and unjust. It is laughable that people think Palestinians should just have no problem handing over their land and livelihood to Zionists. Yeah, what is sick and evil is that you think it is acceptable for Jews to take over the land and country that didn't belong to them in the first place, kill and force the population out, and then call themselves the legitimate state. I see Israeili propaganda has been working.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really? Israel signed the partition agreement. Palestine refused, and within hours Palestine and other Arab nations launched what became known as the 6 day war against Israel.

That's the reality. Those who taught you different are the ones that lied ... and if they taught you that to teach you to hate, that would fall under sick and evil.

Quoting nb34:

All of what you said is pure lie and distortion of history. This is why Israeili supporters disgusts me. They lie and lie and distort the reality and deny the crimes Israeilis have and continue to comit against Palestinians. Sick, and evil.

Quoting Farmlady09:

No ~ it is ok for the Jews to kill Muslims every time the Muslims attack them. That btw is not an attack, it's called self defense.

The first attack came from Palestine and other Arab countries, and I support Israel's right to keep right on defending itself (AND the land that Palestine lost in that first 6 day war) just as long as Palestine keeps on attacking.

Quoting ihave1:

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Bullshit. You obviously have no clue.  Pick up a book on this subject and read it, oh and one that wasn't written by a Zionist.

Yes and when you forcefully take some one else's land you get what you deserve I guess, it is totally justified for Palestinians to arttack and kill Israeilis based on your logic then.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Sorry, but that is what frequently happens when a nation loses a war. I didn't draw up the agreement. I wasn't even born.

The partition may have been forced, but it was hardly unjust. Both sides were given equal benefits and land, but the Palestinian people rejected it. Instead of building themselves a country they have deliberately trashed their land, starved their people, and for what? So a bunch of a$$hats can beat their chests and brag about shooting yet another rocket at Israel.

I feel sorry for the women and children, the majority of which are just as abused by 'men' like that as by the conditions they are stuck living in. That doesn't change my opinion as far as Israel, nor will it.

As for what I would do as far as America ~ I'd fight to the death against invaders, but if we lost, I sure wouldn't put my children or grandchildren's lives in danger to keep fighting a losing battle. I'm stubborn, not stupid.

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)