Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Found this on Facebook:

MY NAME IS PALESTINE, I have been under occupation since 1948. Since then, my people have been killed everyday. From unborn children being ripped out of pregnant women, to the elders being dragged out of their homes, beaten up brutally, knocked down on their knees and lined up to be killed. Mothers lose their children everyday, wives are left widowed and children are left orphans. My people live in fear everyday, knowing that any minute, their front door will be kicked down by Israeli soldiers and will be shot down one by one. Knowing that their children, mothers and fathers may never return home due to being killed by the Zionists.

My children are seen as terrorists because they throw stones at the Zionists tanks and drones. The media has made me look like a terrorist state and my people as the enemy. The media makes Zionists look like the victim. The media makes it look okay for an illegal state under the International Law to take over the home of innocents.

My name is Palestine. I exist. My people exist. And though I don't exist in the media's and Zionists eyes, though I don't exist on the map, I exist in the heart of millions around the world..

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (61-70):
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Wrong. "Palestine" was part of Ottoman Turkey. Turkey lost. It's the winners who get to plunder, pillage (it's important to pillage first), and decide who gets what ... and who doesn't.

I'm ok with the statements as far as a 'guilty' Europe and UN gave the Jews land ... but that doesn't change the fact that the Arab world was drastically changed by that war and their loss. That didn't come from any 'zionist' book.

None of that changes my support for Israel. Israel is a fact, and the sooner Palestine accepts that, the sooner there will be peace. If Palestine continues the hate and the killing, Israel will continue to defend itself. If anything, I have a lot of respect for Israel because in spite of the near continuous attacks, the country as managed to become a very stable and self sufficient nation. Palestine could do the same, but it's leaders don't care about the people, only about poking Israel with a stick.

Quoting nb34:

Bullshit. You obviously have no clue.  Pick up a book on this subject and read it, oh and one that wasn't written by a Zionist.

Yes and when you forcefully take some one else's land you get what you deserve I guess, it is totally justified for Palestinians to arttack and kill Israeilis based on your logic then.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Sorry, but that is what frequently happens when a nation loses a war. I didn't draw up the agreement. I wasn't even born.

The partition may have been forced, but it was hardly unjust. Both sides were given equal benefits and land, but the Palestinian people rejected it. Instead of building themselves a country they have deliberately trashed their land, starved their people, and for what? So a bunch of a$$hats can beat their chests and brag about shooting yet another rocket at Israel.

I feel sorry for the women and children, the majority of which are just as abused by 'men' like that as by the conditions they are stuck living in. That doesn't change my opinion as far as Israel, nor will it.

As for what I would do as far as America ~ I'd fight to the death against invaders, but if we lost, I sure wouldn't put my children or grandchildren's lives in danger to keep fighting a losing battle. I'm stubborn, not stupid.

Quoting nb34:

Why would Palestinians sign the partition agreement and hand over their lands to Jews when the Jews were the minority both in terms of demographic and in terms of the land thy owned. Exactly what logic do you follow that makes you think Palestinians should have gone along with what the imperial powers at the time were forcing on them? Would Americans be willing to partition part of America to a minority group? You are forgetting the whole partition thing was forced and unjust. It is laughable that people think Palestinians should just have no problem handing over their land and livelihood to Zionists. Yeah, what is sick and evil is that you think it is acceptable for Jews to take over the land and country that didn't belong to them in the first place, kill and force the population out, and then call themselves the legitimate state. I see Israeili propaganda has been working.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really? Israel signed the partition agreement. Palestine refused, and within hours Palestine and other Arab nations launched what became known as the 6 day war against Israel.

That's the reality. Those who taught you different are the ones that lied ... and if they taught you that to teach you to hate, that would fall under sick and evil.

Quoting nb34:

All of what you said is pure lie and distortion of history. This is why Israeili supporters disgusts me. They lie and lie and distort the reality and deny the crimes Israeilis have and continue to comit against Palestinians. Sick, and evil.

Quoting Farmlady09:

No ~ it is ok for the Jews to kill Muslims every time the Muslims attack them. That btw is not an attack, it's called self defense.

The first attack came from Palestine and other Arab countries, and I support Israel's right to keep right on defending itself (AND the land that Palestine lost in that first 6 day war) just as long as Palestine keeps on attacking.

Quoting ihave1:

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Your delusions are laughable. Israel is a self sufficient country? Since when? You are funny. I have no respect for Israel. I can tolerate Israel and agree with a two sate solution, but I will never respect Israel. I will also teach my children to tolerate Israel, but never to respect it. There is nothing to respect there.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Wrong. "Palestine" was part of Ottoman Turkey. Turkey lost. It's the winners who get to plunder, pillage (it's important to pillage first), and decide who gets what ... and who doesn't.

I'm ok with the statements as far as a 'guilty' Europe and UN gave the Jews land ... but that doesn't change the fact that the Arab world was drastically changed by that war and their loss. That didn't come from any 'zionist' book.

None of that changes my support for Israel. Israel is a fact, and the sooner Palestine accepts that, the sooner there will be peace. If Palestine continues the hate and the killing, Israel will continue to defend itself. If anything, I have a lot of respect for Israel because in spite of the near continuous attacks, the country as managed to become a very stable and self sufficient nation. Palestine could do the same, but it's leaders don't care about the people, only about poking Israel with a stick.

Quoting nb34:

Bullshit. You obviously have no clue.  Pick up a book on this subject and read it, oh and one that wasn't written by a Zionist.

Yes and when you forcefully take some one else's land you get what you deserve I guess, it is totally justified for Palestinians to arttack and kill Israeilis based on your logic then.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Sorry, but that is what frequently happens when a nation loses a war. I didn't draw up the agreement. I wasn't even born.

The partition may have been forced, but it was hardly unjust. Both sides were given equal benefits and land, but the Palestinian people rejected it. Instead of building themselves a country they have deliberately trashed their land, starved their people, and for what? So a bunch of a$$hats can beat their chests and brag about shooting yet another rocket at Israel.

I feel sorry for the women and children, the majority of which are just as abused by 'men' like that as by the conditions they are stuck living in. That doesn't change my opinion as far as Israel, nor will it.

As for what I would do as far as America ~ I'd fight to the death against invaders, but if we lost, I sure wouldn't put my children or grandchildren's lives in danger to keep fighting a losing battle. I'm stubborn, not stupid.

Quoting nb34:

Why would Palestinians sign the partition agreement and hand over their lands to Jews when the Jews were the minority both in terms of demographic and in terms of the land thy owned. Exactly what logic do you follow that makes you think Palestinians should have gone along with what the imperial powers at the time were forcing on them? Would Americans be willing to partition part of America to a minority group? You are forgetting the whole partition thing was forced and unjust. It is laughable that people think Palestinians should just have no problem handing over their land and livelihood to Zionists. Yeah, what is sick and evil is that you think it is acceptable for Jews to take over the land and country that didn't belong to them in the first place, kill and force the population out, and then call themselves the legitimate state. I see Israeili propaganda has been working.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really? Israel signed the partition agreement. Palestine refused, and within hours Palestine and other Arab nations launched what became known as the 6 day war against Israel.

That's the reality. Those who taught you different are the ones that lied ... and if they taught you that to teach you to hate, that would fall under sick and evil.

Quoting nb34:

All of what you said is pure lie and distortion of history. This is why Israeili supporters disgusts me. They lie and lie and distort the reality and deny the crimes Israeilis have and continue to comit against Palestinians. Sick, and evil.

Quoting Farmlady09:

No ~ it is ok for the Jews to kill Muslims every time the Muslims attack them. That btw is not an attack, it's called self defense.

The first attack came from Palestine and other Arab countries, and I support Israel's right to keep right on defending itself (AND the land that Palestine lost in that first 6 day war) just as long as Palestine keeps on attacking.

Quoting ihave1:

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Good grief. Israel is considered among the top countries in economic and industrial development, has a high rating for banking and new businesses. They are at the top in research and medical developments, largely self sufficient in food production. They are world leaders in solar and energy conservation. They have consistently lowered their debt, and have one of the lowest debts internationally.

What you call tolerance translates to hate.

Quoting nb34:

Your delusions are laughable. Israel is a self sufficient country? Since when? You are funny. I have no respect for Israel. I can tolerate Israel and agree with a two sate solution, but I will never respect Israel. I will also teach my children to tolerate Israel, but never to respect it. There is nothing to respect there.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I can find a book that says, Jesus lived in India for 15 years too; doesn't make it true.

The fact remains there is no known historical or archeological evidence to back your fairy tale. In fact, you can't find a book dated before 1965 to back your claim.

Nice try.

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Donna6503:

The notion that the Canaanites were prehistoric Palestinians is a fairy tale. That story can't be found by anybody before it was made up in 1965.

Nice try

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting StarburstKisses:

PALESTINE HAS NEVER BEEN A COUNTRY! FIND A NEW DEFINITION - THANKS! 

It was the land of Cannon and before the original Jews migrated there in about 1800 BC the Canaanites were there.

Between 3000 and 1100 BC Canaanite civilization covered what some call today "israel", Palestine, Syria, Lebanon, and Jordon. Those who remained in the hills of Jerusalem after the Romans expelled the Jews in the 2nd century AD were farmers, orchard, and vineyard caretakers.

They consisted of old Cannonite tribes, Greeks, Persians, Samaritans, and Arabs. But the original were the Canaanites. Many were Pagan while some were Christian converts.

More Arabs came in the 7th century AD bringing Islam with them. They intermarried with the original Canaanites and the whole population became so Arabtised that it is impossible to tell where the Canaanites left off and the Arabs begin.

By the end of the 7th Century Palestine became predominately Arab and almost immediately adopted it's name Falasteen. In 1516 Falasteen (Palestine) became a providence of the Ottoman Empire but it made the country no less Arab.

The Zionist base there territorial ownership on the Kingdoms of David and Solomon which only ruled about 73 years before collapsing. Even if you consider the entire time of Jewish kingdoms from Davids conquest of Canaan in 1000 BC to the destruction of Judah in 586 BC it only amounts to the total of 414 years of Jewish rule

The beginning of Zionist colonization/immigration to Palestine started around 1882. The Zionist World organization was founded in 1896-97 in which lead to more migrating from Europe but up until the establishing of israel becoming a "nation" in May 1948 there had been nothing but a huge Arab majority. Which consisted of Palestinian Christian, Muslims, and Jews, whom are all part of the REAL Semite race along with those of Syria, and parts of Iraq.

Yeah ok pick up a book and educate yourself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM

farm woman, you say you don't take a side, you do. your hatred for palestine rings true. it is blatantly obvious, so my question to you is, whats you beef? why do you hate them so much?

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

There are people that will tell you this never happened. There are people who would deny that the United Nations gave Israel this land for the guilt that they felt over the holocaust. At one point there was a plan to split the Gaza Strip and to give Palestine their own country, the palestinian leaders rejected it because they wanted more. I think today if they would go back in time they would accept the deal without hesitation.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

There is plenty of wrong on both sides.

Aamy
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Sorry but Palestine isn't innocent either. They bomb just as much and kill innocent ppl to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1Giovanni
by Becca on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM

When the Jewish people going on the side of Palestine people then I start wondering what really going on over there. I have heard many speeches that Jewish people are talking about how the Zionist government is doing to the Palestinian it makes their stomach turn. I even had a friend that was in Israel for awhile, he is Jewish, and it made him sick what was going on there.

This is when I started to look at this more carefully, because if their own people is against what they are doing then something isn't right.

muslimah
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Quoting Farmlady09:

Good grief. Israel is considered among the top countries in economic and industrial development, has a high rating for banking and new businesses. They are at the top in research and medical developments, largely self sufficient in food production. They are world leaders in solar and energy conservation. They have consistently lowered their debt, and have one of the lowest debts internationally.

What you call tolerance translates to hate.

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Then why do they need 8.2 billion dollars a day from the U.S.A. not including military arms and forgiven debts?

Click to join

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)