Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Found this on Facebook:

MY NAME IS PALESTINE, I have been under occupation since 1948. Since then, my people have been killed everyday. From unborn children being ripped out of pregnant women, to the elders being dragged out of their homes, beaten up brutally, knocked down on their knees and lined up to be killed. Mothers lose their children everyday, wives are left widowed and children are left orphans. My people live in fear everyday, knowing that any minute, their front door will be kicked down by Israeli soldiers and will be shot down one by one. Knowing that their children, mothers and fathers may never return home due to being killed by the Zionists.

My children are seen as terrorists because they throw stones at the Zionists tanks and drones. The media has made me look like a terrorist state and my people as the enemy. The media makes Zionists look like the victim. The media makes it look okay for an illegal state under the International Law to take over the home of innocents.

My name is Palestine. I exist. My people exist. And though I don't exist in the media's and Zionists eyes, though I don't exist on the map, I exist in the heart of millions around the world..

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (71-80):
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
What a load of crap. Have you read the news lately? It is always pro Palestine. You conveniently forgot to mention all the rockets that seem to magically be launched at Israel before they ever respond by firing back.
nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM

You shoudl add dictionary to your shopping list.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Good grief. Israel is considered among the top countries in economic and industrial development, has a high rating for banking and new businesses. They are at the top in research and medical developments, largely self sufficient in food production. They are world leaders in solar and energy conservation. They have consistently lowered their debt, and have one of the lowest debts internationally.

What you call tolerance translates to hate.

Quoting nb34:

Your delusions are laughable. Israel is a self sufficient country? Since when? You are funny. I have no respect for Israel. I can tolerate Israel and agree with a two sate solution, but I will never respect Israel. I will also teach my children to tolerate Israel, but never to respect it. There is nothing to respect there.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Wrong. "Palestine" was part of Ottoman Turkey. Turkey lost. It's the winners who get to plunder, pillage (it's important to pillage first), and decide who gets what ... and who doesn't.

I'm ok with the statements as far as a 'guilty' Europe and UN gave the Jews land ... but that doesn't change the fact that the Arab world was drastically changed by that war and their loss. That didn't come from any 'zionist' book.

None of that changes my support for Israel. Israel is a fact, and the sooner Palestine accepts that, the sooner there will be peace. If Palestine continues the hate and the killing, Israel will continue to defend itself. If anything, I have a lot of respect for Israel because in spite of the near continuous attacks, the country as managed to become a very stable and self sufficient nation. Palestine could do the same, but it's leaders don't care about the people, only about poking Israel with a stick.

Quoting nb34:

Bullshit. You obviously have no clue.  Pick up a book on this subject and read it, oh and one that wasn't written by a Zionist.

Yes and when you forcefully take some one else's land you get what you deserve I guess, it is totally justified for Palestinians to arttack and kill Israeilis based on your logic then.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Sorry, but that is what frequently happens when a nation loses a war. I didn't draw up the agreement. I wasn't even born.

The partition may have been forced, but it was hardly unjust. Both sides were given equal benefits and land, but the Palestinian people rejected it. Instead of building themselves a country they have deliberately trashed their land, starved their people, and for what? So a bunch of a$$hats can beat their chests and brag about shooting yet another rocket at Israel.

I feel sorry for the women and children, the majority of which are just as abused by 'men' like that as by the conditions they are stuck living in. That doesn't change my opinion as far as Israel, nor will it.

As for what I would do as far as America ~ I'd fight to the death against invaders, but if we lost, I sure wouldn't put my children or grandchildren's lives in danger to keep fighting a losing battle. I'm stubborn, not stupid.

Quoting nb34:

Why would Palestinians sign the partition agreement and hand over their lands to Jews when the Jews were the minority both in terms of demographic and in terms of the land thy owned. Exactly what logic do you follow that makes you think Palestinians should have gone along with what the imperial powers at the time were forcing on them? Would Americans be willing to partition part of America to a minority group? You are forgetting the whole partition thing was forced and unjust. It is laughable that people think Palestinians should just have no problem handing over their land and livelihood to Zionists. Yeah, what is sick and evil is that you think it is acceptable for Jews to take over the land and country that didn't belong to them in the first place, kill and force the population out, and then call themselves the legitimate state. I see Israeili propaganda has been working.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really? Israel signed the partition agreement. Palestine refused, and within hours Palestine and other Arab nations launched what became known as the 6 day war against Israel.

That's the reality. Those who taught you different are the ones that lied ... and if they taught you that to teach you to hate, that would fall under sick and evil.

Quoting nb34:

All of what you said is pure lie and distortion of history. This is why Israeili supporters disgusts me. They lie and lie and distort the reality and deny the crimes Israeilis have and continue to comit against Palestinians. Sick, and evil.

Quoting Farmlady09:

No ~ it is ok for the Jews to kill Muslims every time the Muslims attack them. That btw is not an attack, it's called self defense.

The first attack came from Palestine and other Arab countries, and I support Israel's right to keep right on defending itself (AND the land that Palestine lost in that first 6 day war) just as long as Palestine keeps on attacking.

Quoting ihave1:

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Yes, they are many Israeilis and Jews that are agianst the atrocities the Israeili government commits agianst Palestinians. I know quite a few of them personally in fact. There are people who see the wrong and just can not go along with, on both sides.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

When the Jewish people going on the side of Palestine people then I start wondering what really going on over there. I have heard many speeches that Jewish people are talking about how the Zionist government is doing to the Palestinian it makes their stomach turn. I even had a friend that was in Israel for awhile, he is Jewish, and it made him sick what was going on there.

This is when I started to look at this more carefully, because if their own people is against what they are doing then something is right.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I stated that I support Israel ~ that means I took a side. I don't hate Palestine, just terrorist and bad neighbors. Palestine definitely is a lousy neighbor, and it's run by terrorists.

Quoting D.O.E.:

farm woman, you say you don't take a side, you do. your hatred for palestine rings true. it is blatantly obvious, so my question to you is, whats you beef? why do you hate them so much?

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:09 PM

The US has no problem assisting allies, and Israel IS an ally.

Palestine was originally set up to get the exact same amount of aid ~ but they refused to sign the agreement. That is their own fault.

Given that Israel uses that aid to build up their country and defend themselves, I have no problem with it.

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM

The one I have works just fine ~ it doesn't have all sorts of bizarre definitions that allow pc lies to clutter it up.

You support Palestine ~ which openly, defiantly, and belligerently states that Israel has no right to exist. Saying you 'tolerate' Israel after that makes it a moot point (or a poor supporter for Palestine).

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Good grief. Israel is considered among the top countries in economic and industrial development, has a high rating for banking and new businesses. They are at the top in research and medical developments, largely self sufficient in food production. They are world leaders in solar and energy conservation. They have consistently lowered their debt, and have one of the lowest debts internationally.

Quoting nb34:

Your delusions are laughable. Israel is a self sufficient country? Since when? You are funny. I have no respect for Israel. I can tolerate Israel and agree with a two sate solution, but I will never respect Israel. I will also teach my children to tolerate Israel, but never to respect it. There is nothing to respect there.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Wrong. "Palestine" was part of Ottoman Turkey. Turkey lost. It's the winners who get to plunder, pillage (it's important to pillage first), and decide who gets what ... and who doesn't.

I'm ok with the statements as far as a 'guilty' Europe and UN gave the Jews land ... but that doesn't change the fact that the Arab world was drastically changed by that war and their loss. That didn't come from any 'zionist' book.

None of that changes my support for Israel. Israel is a fact, and the sooner Palestine accepts that, the sooner there will be peace. If Palestine continues the hate and the killing, Israel will continue to defend itself. If anything, I have a lot of respect for Israel because in spite of the near continuous attacks, the country as managed to become a very stable and self sufficient nation. Palestine could do the same, but it's leaders don't care about the people, only about poking Israel with a stick.

Quoting nb34:

Bullshit. You obviously have no clue.  Pick up a book on this subject and read it, oh and one that wasn't written by a Zionist.

Yes and when you forcefully take some one else's land you get what you deserve I guess, it is totally justified for Palestinians to arttack and kill Israeilis based on your logic then.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Sorry, but that is what frequently happens when a nation loses a war. I didn't draw up the agreement. I wasn't even born.

The partition may have been forced, but it was hardly unjust. Both sides were given equal benefits and land, but the Palestinian people rejected it. Instead of building themselves a country they have deliberately trashed their land, starved their people, and for what? So a bunch of a$$hats can beat their chests and brag about shooting yet another rocket at Israel.

I feel sorry for the women and children, the majority of which are just as abused by 'men' like that as by the conditions they are stuck living in. That doesn't change my opinion as far as Israel, nor will it.

As for what I would do as far as America ~ I'd fight to the death against invaders, but if we lost, I sure wouldn't put my children or grandchildren's lives in danger to keep fighting a losing battle. I'm stubborn, not stupid.

Quoting nb34:

Why would Palestinians sign the partition agreement and hand over their lands to Jews when the Jews were the minority both in terms of demographic and in terms of the land thy owned. Exactly what logic do you follow that makes you think Palestinians should have gone along with what the imperial powers at the time were forcing on them? Would Americans be willing to partition part of America to a minority group? You are forgetting the whole partition thing was forced and unjust. It is laughable that people think Palestinians should just have no problem handing over their land and livelihood to Zionists. Yeah, what is sick and evil is that you think it is acceptable for Jews to take over the land and country that didn't belong to them in the first place, kill and force the population out, and then call themselves the legitimate state. I see Israeili propaganda has been working.

Quoting Farmlady09:

Really? Israel signed the partition agreement. Palestine refused, and within hours Palestine and other Arab nations launched what became known as the 6 day war against Israel.

That's the reality. Those who taught you different are the ones that lied ... and if they taught you that to teach you to hate, that would fall under sick and evil.

Quoting nb34:

All of what you said is pure lie and distortion of history. This is why Israeili supporters disgusts me. They lie and lie and distort the reality and deny the crimes Israeilis have and continue to comit against Palestinians. Sick, and evil.

Quoting Farmlady09:

No ~ it is ok for the Jews to kill Muslims every time the Muslims attack them. That btw is not an attack, it's called self defense.

The first attack came from Palestine and other Arab countries, and I support Israel's right to keep right on defending itself (AND the land that Palestine lost in that first 6 day war) just as long as Palestine keeps on attacking.

Quoting ihave1:

So it's okay for the jews to kill the muslims, but not the other way around?  is this what you are saying?

Quoting ethans_momma06:

See those three babies at the bottom? Brutally murdered in their sleep in their own home. Not collateral damage. Not accidental result of warfare.

No no. These children were intentianally killed in part of the agression for the Palestinian cause.

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM

No it means I am smart enough to not support any one blindly and unequivocally. Unlike so many people who see everything in black and white, I also see the shades of gray. And that my friend is a sign of intelligence!!

Quoting Farmlady09:

The one I have works just fine ~ it doesn't have all sorts of bizarre definitions that allow pc lies to clutter it up.

You support Palestine ~ which openly, defiantly, and belligerently states that Israel has no right to exist. Saying you 'tolerate' Israel after that makes it a moot point (or a poor supporter for Palestine).

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I've never stated that I didn't see wrong on both sides, only that of the two, I support Israel over Palestine. They have at least tried. I think it's both arrogant and presumptuous of the rest of the world to tell Jewish people they can't move to Israel if they weren't born there. Wth?!? It's no one else's business, regardless of WHAT their reasons for doing so are.

Cripes, I live in a country that bashes people for saying "don't move here illegally" ~ but I'm supposed to be ok with people hating on Jews because they move to Israel, or Israel defends itself? Don't talk to me about intelligence OR bias and think you have some sort of moral high ground. As far as I'm concerned, if it's ok for people to sneak into my country, I'll support anyone else moving somewhere that welcomes them.

If my 'neighbor' started lobbing things over my fence, I'd also be tossing stuff back ~ whether or not it went boom. So, in that sense, I fully support Israel's right to fire back every single time Palestine tosses a rocket at them even though they don't (fire back every time).

Quoting nb34:

No it means I am smart enough to not support any one blindly and unequivocally. Unlike so many people who see everything in black and white, I also see the shades of gray. And that my friend is a sign of intelligence!!

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting ihave1:

Quoting ethans_momma06:

muslimah
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quoting nb34:

Yes, they are many Israeilis and Jews that are agianst the atrocities the Israeili government commits agianst Palestinians. I know quite a few of them personally in fact. There are people who see the wrong and just can not go along with, on both sides.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

When the Jewish people going on the side of Palestine people then I start wondering what really going on over there. I have heard many speeches that Jewish people are talking about how the Zionist government is doing to the Palestinian it makes their stomach turn. I even had a friend that was in Israel for awhile, he is Jewish, and it made him sick what was going on there.

This is when I started to look at this more carefully, because if their own people is against what they are doing then something is right.

I know many Jews who are not Zionist and are appalled with the treatment of the Palestinians but I only know one who is an israeli. Every other israeli I have ever met is a Zionist.

Click to join

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Really? A few years ago I met three Israeilis in a foreign language program oversees who were vehemently against Israeili treeatment of Palestinians. They in fact were not Zionists. But they were born and raised in Israeil.

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting 1Giovanni:

I know many Jews who are not Zionist and are appalled with the treatment of the Palestinians but I only know one who is an israeli. Every other israeli I have ever met is a Zionist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured