Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Yeah...if I didn't have Celiacs I'd be eating my computer screen....what is YOUR favorite deep fried nasty treat?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/20107237/bakery-makes-donuts-injected-with-liquor-flavors

A new kind of adult treat is being whipped up at one Chicago bakery.

These deep fried donuts are injected with different jelly and liquor flavors.

The owners say the donuts are legal because they cook the fillings to eliminate the alcohol while still leaving the strong flavors behind.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
lga1965
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Deep fried mozzarella sticks. ,..OMG. I LOVE them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Americans will fry anything. embarrassed

Mom2twinGplus1B
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Pickles !!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM

deep fried icecream in a beer batter :-)

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Have you tried Cup4Cup flour for gluten free cooking? It's awesome. You can't tell the difference.
cammibear
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Spankey's fried cheese sticks are my favorite. The Methodist booth at our fair has to die for fried pies with fruit filling too that I look forward to every year.
NutHouseMomma
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Malasadas and shrimp
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:02 AM

There is this little hole in the wall bar back home that is owned by a family friend. One of the long time bartenders there makes these huge black olives that are stuffed with Asiago cheese, breaded and deep fried.  They are SO good!  She only serves them on Saturdays, because it's band night, and she spends the week making, and freezing them up at home to have enough to sell. 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

sneffy014
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Quoting momof31995:

Deep fried ice cream. They used to have it at a Mexican place called chi chis years ago.

On the flipside I saw deep fried butter on TV and the only thing that came to mind was heart attack on a stick!!!

Are you from Florida? We used to have Chi-Chi's a long time ago and boy do I remember the Fried Ice Cream.....YUM!

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I always love the descriptions of "deep-fried" whatever--Snickers, twinkies, etc., but I always dislike the actual product.  I must be weird.  Although Bennigans used to make a Monte Cristo sandwich that was deep-fried, a heart attack on a plate, basically, which was delicious. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)