Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Israel and Gaza, is this the end of the world?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 28 Replies

I was raised in church, but as a young adult I haven't stayed in church. Although I still do believe very much.

as a kid growing up in church, I remember learning about the signs of the end of time.

War, rumors of war, peace, rumors of peace, not knowing one season from the next, due to climate changes, earth quakes, floods, etc... I also remember learning that one sign would be the biggest of all, to know that the end was very near. And that would be if anyone was to attack Israel, or if Israel was to go to war... Today I'm hearing from this fight between Gaza and Israel, and it has me wondering.

I know that the bible also says that no one will know the exact time or date for the end of the world/God's return... But Israel is the last prophecy to be filled.

What are your thoughts?

Not just about the end of time, but also about Gaza & Israel, what is this all about?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caito
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM
6 moms liked this

Oh for fuck sakes lol. Israel and Palestine have been at war for hundreds of years. This is just another one of them.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Yeah ne too. My grandmother called me and said "have you been watching the news? All these storms, earthquakes, etc.. And now war with "holy" countries. The end of times is near its time to repent."

I even had this weird dream about it last night and started to ghink maube 12/21/12 isnt the end of the world but the begining of the end.

I guess we have to wait and see.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
muslimah
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

According to the Bible there will be peace over there before the end of the world.

Click to join

hismommy2010
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I've never been scared or worried in the past when people would predict the end was on a certain date...

but this time, I'm a bit worried. Actually ALOT worried.  I have a young child, and I don't want him to go through anything horrific. I pray that this is not what some of us think. I pray the end happens so far in the future that me and my child have already been gone for hundreds of years.

Quoting Citygirlk:

Yeah ne too. My grandmother called me and said "have you been watching the news? All these storms, earthquakes, etc.. And now war with "holy" countries. The end of times is near its time to repent."

I even had this weird dream about it last night and started to ghink maube 12/21/12 isnt the end of the world but the begining of the end.

I guess we have to wait and see.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I have no answer to your questions.

All of this fighting and death and ugliness........it is indeed disheartening.

hismommy2010
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:32 PM

please explain further

Quoting muslimah:

According to the Bible there will be peace over there before the end of the world.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

That land has experienced many wars.

The list of people as they appear in the video:

1. Prehistoric Man

2. Canaanite

3. Egyptian

4. Assyrian

5. Israelite

6. Babylonian

7. Macedonian/Greek (Alexander the Great)

8. Macedonian/Greek (His successors)

9. The Ptolomys

10. Seleucid

11. Macabee (Along with a priest)

12. Romans (Caesar, Antony and Cleopatra, Octavian/Augustus and so on)

13. Byzantine (which was the Eastern half of the Roman Empire prior to fall of Western Empire)

14. Arab Caliphate

15. Crusader

16. Mamluk of Egypt

17. Ottoman Turks

18. Arab

19. British

20. Palestinian

21. Zionist

22. PLO

23. Israeli

24. Hezbollah/Hamas etc.

25. Death

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

lga1965
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM
I don't like what's going on there and the weather is scary.....due to global wrming which we are partly responsible for
But...I don't believe in Biblical Prophecy at all.
The "end if the world "? It's either going to be the result of a huge meteor hitting the earth ,the poles will melt and flood the continents do to the rise of the temperarure ( which is already happening )or we will blow it up ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate to see this escalation of violence, but Israel makes it clear that they won't take any monkey business from anyone.  If they do go to war, as their #1 ally, the US will have to back them up. That is what scares me the most.  Our military is already spread thin and so manyof our soldiers have seen too many battles.  

Asthe poster said, it clearly states in the bible the end times will begin in the middle east.   I don't know about peace before the end of the world though.   My understanding there will be a great battle between God and Satan, God wins and it is all done. 

hismommy2010
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM

That is so true. My husband was in the Airforce, he's been out for over 6 years. And I'm so glad. Ive seen to many of his military friends going back and forth, deployment after deployment, until they have lost their life, or their mind. I don't think they can handle something like that.

I appreciate your reply. I was leary of even posting this, because I figured I would only get bashed and told that I was crazy. Truth is, I don't care if someone doesn't agree with this, or whats in the bible, sure it's sad to me. But we all have the freedom to choose what we believe in and how we feel about it.

I just want to hear from those who know something about this, and get more info.

Quoting KenneMaw:

I hate to see this escalation of violence, but Israel makes it clear that they won't take any monkey business from anyone.  If they do go to war, as their #1 ally, the US will have to back them up. That is what scares me the most.  Our military is already spread thin and so manyof our soldiers have seen too many battles.  

Asthe poster said, it clearly states in the bible the end times will begin in the middle east.   I don't know about peace before the end of the world though.   My understanding there will be a great battle between God and Satan, God wins and it is all done. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN