Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If you believe abortion is ok...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:25 AM
  • 476 Replies
Then do you also support a pregnant woman drinking, smoking, doing drugs? Her body, her choice?

Why or why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:37 AM
9 moms liked this

No one "believes abortion is ok."  

Here's one for you: what is the difference between santicity of Life when abortion is by choice or becasue of rape/mother's health? It's still "a baby" so why does it have less value because of how it got there?

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:37 AM
17 moms liked this

And to add on to the previous poster...why does "sanctity of life" only apply to unborn children.  Many, may pro-lifers I know are pro- death penalty...the ultimate hypocrisy.

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:52 AM
11 moms liked this

Do I support it?  Those are all things I find to be crappy habits, but I do know that just because I don't agree like those things doesn't mean she doesn't have a right make her own choices and accept the potential consequences of those choices.  

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:18 AM
25 moms liked this

I don't believe anyone thinks it's ok. Pro-lifers are so demented in thinking because someone is Pro-Choice, that they think it's ok. Being pro-choice means it's not my business what another person chooses to do with their situation. Most Pro-Choicers do not choose that option for themselves. It's not about that. It's about not imposing my views on another where their life is affected. It's like gay marriage. Not my business. These are personal issues. Not political. 

Further, a woman who smokes and drinks throughout a pregnancy that she plans to go fullterm with, is risking hurting a child she chooses to bring into this world. 

Apples and oranges. 

You completely miss the point about being Pro-Choice. It's not about right or wrong. 

candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:22 AM
11 moms liked this

Of course they must support it.   How could drinking, smoking or doing drugs affect a fetus.  It isn't a baby, isn't that what we are constantly being told.

romalove
by Roma on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:33 AM
7 moms liked this

I support women being allowed choices. 

I am not "ok" with abortion and I am not "ok" with women drinking or doing drugs or smoking while pregnant.  I personally would never have an abortion and when pregnant I even gave up my Diet Coke addiction, because I was extremely careful about everything when pregnant.

So I'm not OK with a pregnant mother doing harmful things to herself and by extension her child.  Taking drugs is already a criminal event, drinking and smoking are not. 

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM
13 moms liked this

apples and oranges

if she doesn't want the baby then she should get an abortion. if she does, then she needs to look out for her health

tiffyhamm
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't believe in abortion for myself, but I do support a woman's right to choose...and if she so chooses an abortion, I'm ok with that, just as if she had chosen adoption or to raise her baby.  I'm not in support of a woman drinking, smoking, etc while pregnant as that could cause harmful side effects to the child if she has chosen to carry to term.  Once she has chosen to carry to term, she should abstain from those sorts of activities that could cause harmful side effects to her developing baby.  Although I'm not okay with a pregnant smoking, drug using, and/or drinking woman, if she so chooses to do so that is her choice and she is going to have to live the with consequences of her actions (and unfortunately, so will her child).

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM
6 moms liked this
I do not know a single person who thinks abortion is "ok."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

this

Quoting katy_kay08:

Do I support it?  Those are all things I find to be crappy habits, but I do know that just because I don't agree like those things doesn't mean she doesn't have a right make her own choices and accept the potential consequences of those choices.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)