Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If you believe abortion is ok...

Posted by   + Show Post
Then do you also support a pregnant woman drinking, smoking, doing drugs? Her body, her choice?

Why or why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:25 AM
Replies (41-50):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM
4 moms liked this

Have you considered that for those who have had abortion(s) it is not "ok" but a very painful choice they had to make in their lives. Life is about choices. Who are you(general) to judge another person's Life choices.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Plenty of people think abortion is ok.

As for your question, to me there is no difference. That unborn life should always be valued.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

No one "believes abortion is ok."  

Here's one for you: what is the difference between santicity of Life when abortion is by choice or becasue of rape/mother's health? It's still "a baby" so why does it have less value because of how it got there?

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM

This is worth repeating. I have enlarged it for those whose eye sight may not be 20/20.

Quoting rfurlongg:

I do not know a single person who thinks abortion is "ok."

parentalrights1
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM
7 moms liked this
I will say what I always say when it comes to abortion.

Noone is under any obligation to allow someone else the use of their body even if that person would die without it. Even if one agrees to allow a person to use their body to sustain that persons life initially, they can still withdraw consent. A woman's body is her property. No matter how cute and precious you think little babies are, it doesn't make the woman's body the property of the baby. It sounds cold and this point always gets ignored, but imagine consenting in some hypothetical scenario where a hospital patient needed to use your body to survive and the hospital asked your permission to use you for that purpose. Even if it is for a short a time. Shouldnt you still get to withdraw consent? Does your body not belong to you? Should other people's emotions over the patient get to rule your decision? Your body is your property.

No matter the circumstance of conception, the woman is the owner of the body. It's sad what would happen to the fetus if she chose not to continue the pregnancy, but I am not presumptuous enough to tell a woman she has to endure the illnesses, give up HER nutrients, provide HER womb, spread her legs and endure one of the most painful things known to man, and ultimately if she does during labor, I doubt we would be able to put the people who took her choice away up for execution too.

Pro lifers think that babies are cute and innocent and should matter more than the mother and that the death of the fetus should be considered worse that the mothers lack of a choice. That is purely an emotional stance. In logical thinking, you need consent to use what belongs to someone else.
desertlvn
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM

A million times over this!

Quoting parentalrights1:

I will say what I always say when it comes to abortion.

Noone is under any obligation to allow someone else the use of their body even if that person would die without it. Even if one agrees to allow a person to use their body to sustain that persons life initially, they can still withdraw consent. A woman's body is her property. No matter how cute and precious you think little babies are, it doesn't make the woman's body the property of the baby. It sounds cold and this point always gets ignored, but imagine consenting in some hypothetical scenario where a hospital patient needed to use your body to survive and the hospital asked your permission to use you for that purpose. Even if it is for a short a time. Shouldnt you still get to withdraw consent? Does your body not belong to you? Should other people's emotions over the patient get to rule your decision? Your body is your property.

No matter the circumstance of conception, the woman is the owner of the body. It's sad what would happen to the fetus if she chose not to continue the pregnancy, but I am not presumptuous enough to tell a woman she has to endure the illnesses, give up HER nutrients, provide HER womb, spread her legs and endure one of the most painful things known to man, and ultimately if she does during labor, I doubt we would be able to put the people who took her choice away up for execution too.

Pro lifers think that babies are cute and innocent and should matter more than the mother and that the death of the fetus should be considered worse that the mothers lack of a choice. That is purely an emotional stance. In logical thinking, you need consent to use what belongs to someone else.

KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this
A woman who wants to remain pregnant is choosing to allow life to develop inside of her. By drinking or smoking she risks improper development of a life SHE IS CHOOSING to bring into this world. Imo one who does that is an idiot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Yes, her body, her choice.

Doesn't mean I think those nastyass habits are acceptable or okay.

AlekD
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

You are comparing oranges to apples.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Definitely. I know people who have and in that part in their lifetime, it just wasn't beneficial to have the child for varying reasons. I know people who still can't talk about that decision they made decades later. 

I also knew someone who had abortions as if they were changing their underwear. She had 6 and was having the baby because her doctor told her that one more would kill her. Who knows how that child's life turned out that she had not really wanting to have it. Someone like that does disgust me but I believe these are maybe a 1%er.. 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Have you considered that for those who have had abortion(s) it is not "ok" but a very painful choice they had to make in their lives. Life is about choices. Who are you(general) to judge another person's Life choices.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Plenty of people think abortion is ok.

As for your question, to me there is no difference. That unborn life should always be valued.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

No one "believes abortion is ok."  

Here's one for you: what is the difference between santicity of Life when abortion is by choice or becasue of rape/mother's health? It's still "a baby" so why does it have less value because of how it got there?

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:12 AM
6 moms liked this
Omg that is just ridiculous to the point of laughter.

Quoting AlekD:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN