Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

BBC Lies About Gaza Victim

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
  • 9 Replies

BBC Lies About Gaza Victim

Print Article Send a Tip
15 Nov 2012 51 post a comment

Is there a limit to the number of times the news media will act as willing accomplices for Palestinian propaganda?

Apparently not. The BBC, which has been an enemy of Israel for years, even going so far as to quote as an authority noted Israel hater Richard Falk, who has compared Israelis to Nazis, has now been caught cutting a video showing a “victim” of the Israeli attack on Gaza being carried out, seriously wounded.

One problem. In the same video thirty seconds later, the same man is standing on his own two feet.

It’s a miracle!

The BBC’s hostility to Israel has been evidenced by acts like these:

1. BBC journalist Barbara Plett said she “started to cry” when Yasser Arafat left Israel and traveled to France for medical treatment in 2004.  
  2. In 2006, reporter Orla Guerin lied that the town of Bint Jbeil, Lebanon, had been “wiped out” by the Israeli air force.  It later turned out that the suburbs were left virtually untouched.
  3. When the Fogel family of five was butchered in their home, including a baby girl in her bed, in Itamar, the BBC barely mentioned it, saying that it had been a “very busy news period.”
  4. On October 5th of this year, Jeremy Bowen, the BBC’s Middle East Editor, retweeted a tweet by  one Joseph Dana, who was “curious that Israeli forces can fire tear gas and use stun grenades next to the Al Aqsa mosque and the story doesn’t make international waves.” The chances of this happening are slim and none; the Al Aqsa Mosque is one of the most explosive places on earth. What actually happened was this: several hundred Arab worshippers stoned the Israeli police, an Arab man tried to stab a police officer, and then the Israeli police dispersed the crowd. Of course, Dana lives in Ramallah, and hates Israel so much that, when he spoke in November 2011 at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London, he stated that he had managed to extricate himself from  a “Zionist indoctrination programme.”

No wonder the BBC thinks a Palestinian acting a part is really wounded. The BBC has been acting like an objective news source for years.  

source

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:12 AM
BBC is already been known as a major source of bias news in regards to anti Israel propaganda. Nothing new there candle.

FYI, CNN has been caught using the same video. But, at least they admitted to the mistake.

Canada PM Harper stated the fault of this conflict is totally Hamas. In fact, that goes the same for England's and Germany's PMs as well as Harper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

And for that matter her beloved Fox news is no different.

Edited footage to make something look different? Obama's "You didn't build that" speech?

Or when there were Occupy protest that were peaceful in other countries and they decided to instead show violent protest from Greece to make it look worse than it was.

Editing footage/misrespenting the footage is bad no matter who does it. But as long as it is legal to lie on news it will keep happening.

Quoting Donna6503:

BBC is already been known as a major source of bias news in regards to anti Israel propaganda. Nothing new there candle.

FYI, CNN has been caught using the same video. But, at least they admitted to the mistake.

Canada PM Harper stated the fault of this conflict is totally Hamas. In fact, that goes the same for England's and Germany's PMs as well as Harper.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:46 AM
You're correct.

Fox News goes without even saying.

There were actually (a good number) of very peaceful protest in the Middle East regarding "the movie" two months ago. No one reported on those ... In fact, one of the largest was in Tehran, that had a good number of Christians and Jews involved in that protest. Yet, no one reported on this by anyone.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

And for that matter her beloved Fox news is no different.

Edited footage to make something look different? Obama's "You didn't build that" speech?

Or when there were Occupy protest that were peaceful in other countries and they decided to instead show violent protest from Greece to make it look worse than it was.

Editing footage/misrespenting the footage is bad no matter who does it. But as long as it is legal to lie on news it will keep happening.

Quoting Donna6503:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

All media is biased. I'm not sure why we even discuss this sort of stuff. It's hardly a shock to me. I worked for the  media for over a decade. Believe me, ALL MEDIA IS BIASED. Some are just worse than others.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Wow, that is outrageous, thanks for posting this.

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I usually don't involve myself in these debates anymore because you just can't discuss them civilly.  The passions run deep on both sides.   You cannot seem to find objectivity from any news source.  So read them all, listen to them all and try to come to a logical conclusion.   Both sides hold truths and both sides hold lies. And both sides hold manufactured news and we know many have hostilities against both Israelis and Palestinians.

butterfly on headlynda  

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Yep, pretty much is this.

Watch CNN,BBC,FOX and etc, but remember the truth is somewhere in the middle, nothing is white on black

suoting tweety101149:

I usually don't involve myself in these debates anymore because you just can't discuss them civilly.  The passions run deep on both sides.   You cannot seem to find objectivity from any news source.  So read them all, listen to them all and try to come to a logical conclusion.   Both sides hold truths and both sides hold lies. And both sides hold manufactured news and we know many have hostilities against both Israelis and Palestinians.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

So was the lie that the guy wasn't a victim, that he wasn't seriously injured, or that there was an attack?

I guess this is saying that it was a lie that he was seriously injured because he was able to stand up a few min. after the video?

I guess i don't consider mislabling the level of an individuals injury to be a crime against the nation.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Quoting tweety101149:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)