Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I am so ready for Thanksgiving this year, and trying a bunch of new recipes. It will be the first time in 9 years that I have hosted family for the holiday, so I'm excited and going all out (even if it is just for a set of in-laws ;)). Anyone have any recipes they would like to share? I'll post some of what I'm doing this year in the replies.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
cammibear
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a new recipe for pecan pie cobbler. You start with two pecan pies, and then make a cobbler mix, and put the two together to make the cobbler. Sounds very rich and yummy! And it's not something we have ever had before.

I'm making it for Thanksgiving day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm making rosemary roasted carrots, my citrus cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, cheddar bay biscuits, roasted corn, and veggie lovers' stuffing. For desserts I'm making pumpkin and apple pies, and some apple cinnamon spice cupcakes.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Pecan pie is the one thing I have never done yet...It is soooo intimidating to me. That and my husband (who, when I ask about his heritage says he's "Californian" as opposed to English or German) doesn't care one way or the other for Pecan pie, even though my Me-ma from Texas never let us go without it. I should see if mom has that recipe...

Quoting cammibear:

I have a new recipe for pecan pie cobbler. You start with two pecan pies, and then make a cobbler mix, and put the two together to make the cobbler. Sounds very rich and yummy! And it's not something we have ever had before.

I'm making it for Thanksgiving day.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

the carrots sound delicious (well, all of it does). Veggie lover's stuffing sounds good too, I'm trying Giblet stuffing this year (usually just use straight drippings or the prepared stuff from the grocery store), but I will have to keep a veggie-friendly version in mind for the future...

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I'm making rosemary roasted carrots, my citrus cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, cheddar bay biscuits, roasted corn, and veggie lovers' stuffing. For desserts I'm making pumpkin and apple pies, and some apple cinnamon spice cupcakes.

krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I'm going to make some extras this year at my grandma's: kale gratin (I sear, it's seriously delicious) and either pumpking or butternut squash soup.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Ahhh, squash! I need to get some :)

Quoting krysstizzle:

I'm going to make some extras this year at my grandma's: kale gratin (I sear, it's seriously delicious) and either pumpking or butternut squash soup.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andiemomo3
by Andie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I do the dinners every year.  My specialties are sweet potato casserole and dumplings.  We, of course do all sorts of trimmings and turkey.  I bought my 22 lb turkey today.  Dude is huge!!!  I have two new food mags to thu b through tomorrow for different recipes.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:26 AM

These are an amazing dessert.  I'm so hooked on them that I keep pumpkin (that I can myself) and cream cheese on hand year-round so I can make them whenever I get a craving.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Oh, wow. Those look delicious. I will definitely set that recipe aside for Christmas, if not sooner. Thanks!

Quoting taniamorse85:

These are an amazing dessert.  I'm so hooked on them that I keep pumpkin (that I can myself) and cream cheese on hand year-round so I can make them whenever I get a craving.

annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

My MIL always hosts Thankdgving Dinner.

I usually make olivye ( russian potato salad), vinigret ( russian salad with beets, peas, sour cabbage, carrots, potatoes - very yummy), and we buy amazing pahlavas from russian bakery

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)