Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: Dou you shop at Walmart?

Options:

Yes

No

Other answer.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 206

View Results

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Very rarely, and I try not to at all.

However, I don't judge those who do.

AMBG825
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Nope. I did once 2 years ago at Christmas because they were the only ones local that had an item for DD that we wanted to get her. That was the one and only time. It wasn't the staff at the store that made the trip a nightmare. It was the patrons shopping there. That is the only store in which the people who shop there spell "in" as "out". And I couldn't believe how many people held their family reunions in the middle of the aisles.

Fortunately, I live in a relatively urban area where Wal-mart isn't the cheapest place to shop.

jesse123456
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a friend who is an assistant manager at the Wal-Mart in my town. She started there as a high school student with a part time job. She doesn't understand the whole big issue with Wal-Mart. We live in a 'right to work state', it is a no skill, minimum wage job working as cashier or out on the floor. If you don't like it, go get training and get a better job. If you have no skills, it is a job. If you are between jobs, it is a job. She said she has never been treated the way the popular opinion tries to make you think Wal-Mart treats the employees. In her opinion, the people who complain are the ones who want something for nothing. They want high pay and benefits, but they don't want to do anything to earn those things. 

I have another friend who is a manager at the Wal-Mart in a neighboring town. He went to business school. He says that Wal-Mart has all kinds of advancement opportunities if the employees are willing to take the time for the training and accept the responsibilites. 

So, my friends like Wal-Mart, and they work there. I don't know. The prices are good, and I get help when I need it. Plus, a person with a job is a person not on PA which is a good thing.

LillyJDv3.0
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Yes, only for certain things though. It's the only place in my town that has a decent selection of baby boy clothes.

CafeMom Tickers
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine is cheaper, but it would probably be a long drive.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I have in the past. I don't any longer. My husband still buys his ammo there.

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Hardly ever dh works there and I still dont shop there I can find things cheaper almost everywhere else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh works at WalMart and I also work we're on pa. Lots of people with jobs are on pa.

Quoting jesse123456:

I have a friend who is an assistant manager at the Wal-Mart in my town. She started there as a high school student with a part time job. She doesn't understand the whole big issue with Wal-Mart. We live in a 'right to work state', it is a no skill, minimum wage job working as cashier or out on the floor. If you don't like it, go get training and get a better job. If you have no skills, it is a job. If you are between jobs, it is a job. She said she has never been treated the way the popular opinion tries to make you think Wal-Mart treats the employees. In her opinion, the people who complain are the ones who want something for nothing. They want high pay and benefits, but they don't want to do anything to earn those things. 

I have another friend who is a manager at the Wal-Mart in a neighboring town. He went to business school. He says that Wal-Mart has all kinds of advancement opportunities if the employees are willing to take the time for the training and accept the responsibilites. 

So, my friends like Wal-Mart, and they work there. I don't know. The prices are good, and I get help when I need it. Plus, a person with a job is a person not on PA which is a good thing.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM

we avoid that place like the plague.  

rfurlongg
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I have not shopped at a Walmart in almost 4yrs. I am certain they do not miss my business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I marked other because Wal mart is the big store in my tiny town. I only go there when I need something I can't get anywhere around here and don't have time to drive over to the city. 

I have grown to HATE WalMart with a passion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN