Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

gifts for MIL, FIL, BIL and SIL?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

What kind of gifts are good for the inlaws?  What are some things you've bought them in the past and what are ideas to get? 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
illegallyblonde
by Lawyerupbeeches on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM
For MIL and FIL we make photo album books. All the siblings send me pics of the grand kids, pictures, and fun interview questions about grandma and grandpa, then I put it all together in a book. Over the years, we've given them a few. It's always their favorite gift.

For BILs and SILs family, we do family games and passes to fun places.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM
We don't do gifts for siblings, just our parents. We usually find a book or kitchen gadget or something along those lines for mil and fil. And every second year The Vinyl Cafe with Stuart McLean comes to town so we buy them tickets. On the off years we look for tickets to other shows they'd like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

For my mom and MIL I made a customized photo book from Walmart.  They both really liked it.  This year I got my MIL one of those Charlie Brown Christmas trees because she always gets these crazy looking Christmas trees.   For my FIL I leave that up to DH because I have no idea what to ever buy him.  We only buy our parents for adults.  There's so many adults in both of our families and I swear there's a new child every year to buy for...lol  No one has enough money to buy everyone something.

purplerobin
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Something for my MIL huh? Hmm lemme think...confused

OH I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!!!! A one-way ticket to Siberia!santa greenJingle bells, jingle bells, Jingle all the way! On your way to Siberia that's where you're going to stay!!

hmommy07
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

i totally get that... we have 23 to buy for this year and i'm about to just say- "we're out!"  lol  unless we just buy 5-10 buck gifts it's getting really expensive!

Quoting shoot4thestars:

For my mom and MIL I made a customized photo book from Walmart.  They both really liked it.  This year I got my MIL one of those Charlie Brown Christmas trees because she always gets these crazy looking Christmas trees.   For my FIL I leave that up to DH because I have no idea what to ever buy him.  We only buy our parents for adults.  There's so many adults in both of our families and I swear there's a new child every year to buy for...lol  No one has enough money to buy everyone something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)