Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Hunger Games trilogy and religion

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM
  • 69 Replies
If you have read the books, you have most likely noticed there is no mention of religion in them. No one mentions Christmas. No one talks about Jesus. No one prays for protection and guidance. Why do you think that is?

I think it's so far in the future and with all the disaster and loss of life, religion died out and there was really no one around to start another church or spread His word. Most likely, any effort to start a church was squashed down by the Capitol and President Snow. He was so power-hungry, he couldn't stand the thought of anyone else worshipping anyone other than him, and anyone talking about religion and/or Jesus would be punished. Then religion just fizzled out.

What do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I think you are looking too hard and worried about something that doesn't exist in reality.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smtxcowgirl
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I like looking deeper into books to find hidden meanings and symbolism. I'm not worried about it at all. I believe in Him but I know other people don't. I just thought it might be an interesting discussion.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

I think you are looking too hard and worried about something that doesn't exist in reality.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think religion will ever die out. If people stopped believing in one religion (Greek myths for example) there will always be a new belief to replace it.

young_lv_mom
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM
I think will all the heartache they went threw no one is left that feels a higher power is looking out for them, but unless they are in the first two districts thy are not worshiping s is ether. That or it is done behind closed doors and katnes (sp?) family are atheists so it is not a detail added to the books.
little.worthen
by Tess on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I think it's because the author wrote it that way..

Stop reading into FICTIONAL books so much..
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I think we are a few generations from it dying. Look at all the atheist groups.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I don't think religion will ever die out. If people stopped believing in one religion (Greek myths for example) there will always be a new belief to replace it.

TugBoatMama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I think that is doubtful. Religion will always be around in some form or fashion. Actually studies have proven that countries with little to no religion are quite peaceful. Just think of all the people that have died in the name of religion/God. Hitler believed in God, yet he wiped out millions of people.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I doubt religion will ever die out. Will Christianity die out? Probably, but that doesn't mean there won't be a new religion to replace it. Atheist are still a minority compared to theists.

Quoting singlemom1208:

I think we are a few generations from it dying. Look at all the atheist groups.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM
That it didn't have a religious agenda. The book wasn't about religion. They are about government.
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM
6 moms liked this

Aww look.. The Jesus freaks are...freaking out that the author hasn't lifted her leg and sprayed Jesus all over her novels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN