Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Now children are dying in Gaza but let's worry about pet owners in Israel. Who was saying Israelis care about children?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Not true, I guess you're feeling a smidge guilty?

Quoting Paperfishies:

Do you eat meat?  unless you're a vegan, then you're a hypocrite and have ZERO compassion for your God's creatures.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Really?  Wow.  Just. wow.  I have enough compassion for my fellow man and gods creatures.  So sorry you don't.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Yup. Ridiculous. I don't understand charities for animals either, with all the needy people in the world.

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Is anyone really surprised? I have noticed more and more people putting pets before kids. Just look around CM, it's everywhere.

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM

It seems you completely missed the point. They are not worried about the safety of their cats and dogs, they are worried that the sirens might disturb them, meanwhile they are bombing the shit out of Palestinian children.

I am sorry for your loss. I lost a pet once and I know how hard it can be. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

This morning, our Freddie Boy died as two of my daughters and I sat with him, loving him and holding him.

Fred has been part of our family for over 10 years.  He was the center of our family.  

After the divorce, we did not see him for a year.  I am so thankful I was able to spend some good, quality time with him over the past several months.  I am very, very thankful that my ex husband called us at 5am, crying, telling us to come.  

He had to leave for work, military, could not get out of it.  We were there for our Fred.

As he took his last breath part of me died with him.

I can't imagine living in such an uncivilized existence where I would have to worry about putting my child before my pet.  Of course my instinct would be to protect my child at all costs but I would never discount my pet.  Never.  

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Yet you ignore how many more rockets they have sent toward Israel.

Quoting nb34:

It seems you completely missed the point. They are not worried about the safety of their cats and dogs, they are worried that the sirens might disturb them, meanwhile they are bombing the shit out of Palestinian children.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

This morning, our Freddie Boy died as two of my daughters and I sat with him, loving him and holding him.

Fred has been part of our family for over 10 years.  He was the center of our family.  

After the divorce, we did not see him for a year.  I am so thankful I was able to spend some good, quality time with him over the past several months.  I am very, very thankful that my ex husband called us at 5am, crying, telling us to come.  

He had to leave for work, military, could not get out of it.  We were there for our Fred.

I can't imagine living in such an uncivilized existence where I would have to worry about putting my child before my pet.  Of course my instinct would be to protect my child at all costs but I would never discount my pet.  Never.  

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Uh, yes really.  If you eat meat that is the ultimate selfish act, as far as animals go.  You consume them for your own WANT, so animals lose their lives for your WANTS.  Where is your compassion for the animals who get slaughtered for your meals?  Oh that's right, you aren't as compassionate as your preach, you just care about the cutesy, furry animals.

I don't feel guilty, I'm just not a hypocrit.  Some people eat cats and dogs

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Not true, I guess you're feeling a smidge guilty?

Quoting Paperfishies:

Do you eat meat?  unless you're a vegan, then you're a hypocrite and have ZERO compassion for your God's creatures.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Really?  Wow.  Just. wow.  I have enough compassion for my fellow man and gods creatures.  So sorry you don't.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Yup. Ridiculous. I don't understand charities for animals either, with all the needy people in the world.

Quoting Shaylyn318:

Is anyone really surprised? I have noticed more and more people putting pets before kids. Just look around CM, it's everywhere.

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Based on your logic they deserve what they get, so why are you so upset?

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Quoting nb34:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I did miss the point.  Any point.  I do apologize for that.  I skimmed the thread and to be honest........my heart is broken and well, at this point, I really only feel for the innocent children involved in all that is going on. *sigh*

And thank you.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Your hypocrisy is so amazing.

Really amazing.

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

AMCMSM
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Cause this one persons actions speak for her entire nation... stupid post..

Quoting nb34:

Now children are dying in Gaza but let's worry about pet owners in Israel. Who was saying Israelis care about children?

nb34
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Oh are you upset because I pointed out the flaws in your logic? Oh poor you. You are the hypocrite, I just used your own flawed logic to demonstrate to you just how much of a hypocrite you really are.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Really amazing.

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Nope. Israel won the land.
If they want to attack Israel in an effort to get it from them, they deserve everything Israel launches.

I am not the one acting like one side should be allowed to attack. That would be you.

Quoting nb34:

Oh are you upset because I pointed out the flaws in your logic? Oh poor you. You are the hypocrite, I just used your own flawed logic to demonstrate to you just how much of a hypocrite you really are.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Really amazing.

Quoting nb34:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting nb34:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)