Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Treasury Secretary Geithner: Lift Debt Limit to Infinity. Agree?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 37 Replies

(CNSNews.com) - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said Friday that Congress should stop placing legal limits on the amount of money the government can borrow and effectively lift the debt limit to infinity.

On Bloomberg TV, “Political Capital” host Al Hunt asked Geithner if he believes “we ought to just eliminate the debt ceiling.”

“Oh, absolutely,” Geithner said.

Read more: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/treasury-secretary-geithner-lift-debt-limit-infinity
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh well..why not....we don't have a snowball's chance in hell paying back what we already owe......

How many of you moms would like a credit card with no credit limit....and a due date so far in the future you know you will never have to pay it?

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Looks like we need a new Treasury Secretary.  Geiger is an IDIOT.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Goodness... SMH..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I don't like the sound of that.

He IS leaving and will be replaced as Treasury Secretary, though, in early 2013.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this

Wouldn't that be like giving a compulsive shopper a limitless credit card?

krysstizzle
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Why is he even saying this? To be honest, I don't fully understand the intricacies of economic theory, but really. I can't think of any reason, not one, why this would be any sort of a good idea. 

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Sometimes I  think crap like this is spoken to get the "pulse"/reaction from the general public to see how far politicians can push an agenda.  

Quoting krysstizzle:

Why is he even saying this? To be honest, I don't fully understand the intricacies of economic theory, but really. I can't think of any reason, not one, why this would be any sort of a good idea. 

DawnPratt23
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol this from a guy that couldn't figure out turbo tax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krysstizzle
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

That sounds totally plausible to me, and I don't doubt it. 

But this? Seriously? It's just...wow. 

Quoting jcrew6:

Sometimes I  think crap like this is spoken to get the "pulse"/reaction from the general public to see how far politicians can push an agenda.  

Quoting krysstizzle:

JamesMom714
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not actually live within our means and NOT borrow money??? But that makes too much sense... The government could never do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)