Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I really want to go on strike

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
  • 24 Replies

And I just cant stand the mere thought of the mess that would ensue. 

Have you ever wanted to go on strike?

Did you?

How did it work out?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

in the home you mean?

if so, yes, I drew a map to the washer, dryer and kitchen and refused to do anything for anyone except the baby- at first there was a mess, then they got hungry and couldn't find clean socks or their keys. They begged for me to do it, but I refused, took them a week to get it together, clean the house, go grocery shopping, do the laundry, etc.- there are 6 of them and 1 of me and it took all of them to do what I do for them- they appreciated me more after that and I never took on as much since- I work as hard as anyone in this house, both at home and at work, and so I decided that they would only take me for granted and confuse me with their maid if I let them. so I don't anymore. I've other women say it didn't work for them, so I guess it can be a gamble, but if you need the break I say take it and ignore the damn mess, YOU are more important and no one is going to talk about mess at your funeral, kwim?

gotnothinonme
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

"mommy is NOT synonymous with MAID!" and I charged them for messes they left and billed weekly- if they lack money to pay, charge them in time- or energy, sort socks, or pulling weeds- whatever you hate that they can do- THIS nipped a LOT of the messes in the butt quick and in a hurry, lol....I knew it was working when my dd's freind threw a popscicle stick down on the porch and my dd said "pick that up and put it in the trash, I'm not paying for that mess!" lol...

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Sometimes I wish I could also.  My problem is I have created my own problem with my kids and cleaning.  My New Years Resolution will be change.  My kids and I will have a fresh start and they will be helping out around the house.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM

OT: how is your husband and how are you holding up?

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Yes I have and it took almost a week for them to realize I was not joking and now they help me

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Nope.  Not at home.  Not at work.  

zeppelinmom
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM
I cant do it. Iwould go insane.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Never had a need to.

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

I am not holding well atm.  LOL.

He is ok.  I guess. he is taking a few more meds and the growth cycle on the masses has stopped again.  Its like they grow like crazy for six mos then they sleep.

The blood has stopped if you had seen my post on that.  Dr said it was inflammation and erosion.  I told him I thought it was scary and I was afraid he was going to have a bad bleed and dr said its a possibility. 

my dd is planning on moving in feb and I am looking forward to it.  We seem to have traveled back in time to the place bfore she realized how much work it all is lol and is she in for a rude awakening.

I have already said too much probably but I m not doing well at the moment.  Christmas is a huge weight on my shoulders.  I think I will hibernate, ya that sounds good, hibernation.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Peanutx3:

I am not holding well atm.  LOL.

He is ok.  I guess. he is taking a few more meds and the growth cycle on the masses has stopped again.  Its like they grow like crazy for six mos then they sleep.

The blood has stopped if you had seen my post on that.  Dr said it was inflammation and erosion.  I told him I thought it was scary and I was afraid he was going to have a bad bleed and dr said its a possibility. 

my dd is planning on moving in feb and I am looking forward to it.  We seem to have traveled back in time to the place bfore she realized how much work it all is lol and is she in for a rude awakening.

I have already said too much probably but I m not doing well at the moment.  Christmas is a huge weight on my shoulders.  I think I will hibernate, ya that sounds good, hibernation.

Oh Survivor.  I wish there was more I could do.  My heart hurts for you.  It is so much to have on your shoulders.  I know what you mean about Christmas.  I am really not looking forward to the holidays at all.  Maybe we can hibernate together.  Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)