Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Not really a shot at people, although it could be if people have to be offended.   But scanning pies isn't as hard and both signed up for the job they are doing.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
katy_kay08
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's a weird tradition.  The day after (and now the same day for some) we are supposedly "thankful" we race out and fight tooth and nail to get the best of the tacky cheap crap to wrap up and throw under the tree.  

Quoting LindaClement:

The stores would LOVE people to believe it, but no.

Not the least 'cause Thanksgiving was in October :D

Quoting katy_kay08:

okay, completely random question.  Do you guys have "black friday" up in Canada?  

Quoting LindaClement:

And, contrary to the usual union view of the world: no one is required to STAY in an entry level job.

Feel free to apply for a job that comes with more responsibility and more money...

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM

That's true!

Gratitude: done and over... bring on the greed!

Quoting katy_kay08:

I think it's a weird tradition.  The day after (and now the same day for some) we are supposedly "thankful" we race out and fight tooth and nail to get the best of the tacky cheap crap to wrap up and throw under the tree.  

Quoting LindaClement:

The stores would LOVE people to believe it, but no.

Not the least 'cause Thanksgiving was in October :D

Quoting katy_kay08:

okay, completely random question.  Do you guys have "black friday" up in Canada?  

Quoting LindaClement:

And, contrary to the usual union view of the world: no one is required to STAY in an entry level job.

Feel free to apply for a job that comes with more responsibility and more money...

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Most people have a choice- there is no draft.

I am grateful for those that make that choice, but I wonder how many have NO other real choice and enlisting is it?

As parents it is our job to make sure our kids have many choices; foster talents that open more than one door.

I have worked so many holidays, including TGD and CHD, that working on those days seems fairly normal.

steffielou_who
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Y mom worked for Kmart many years and always worked thanksgiving and Christmas Eve! It sucked... I worked for Kmart for a few years when I was younger and I worked thanksgiving as well!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fuette
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM

BUMP!

KimberlyDoll
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Yup. My husband was deployed last year through the holidays. It was hard on all of us. This year we are so greatful to have him home and we'll be thinking of the families who don't have a loved one home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM

My nephew was deployed for 9 months (over all the holidays last year), came home, got married and is deployed again this year, for all the holidays again.:(

Quoting KimberlyDoll:

Yup. My husband was deployed last year through the holidays. It was hard on all of us. This year we are so greatful to have him home and we'll be thinking of the families who don't have a loved one home

illinoismommy83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, yep. Poor Walmart workers, "forced" to work on a holiday. Yet the millitary, the doctors, the nurses, the first responders, the snow plow driver, the person caring for your grandma in the nursing home, the hotel staff, the taxi drivers, the call center workers for the gas/electric/etc companies, etc., are all working without whining.

But poor Walmart.

im23vaughn
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM

They need to all quit whining. I am off Thurs and Fri and you know what? I am pissed. I don't get holiday pay so my paycheck is going to be short. They need to thankful they have a job. If they want to spend time with their family during the holiday they need to request the day off well in advance. There are tons of holidays and retail is open. Get over it! Do you 8 -12 hours and be thankful that you are at work instead of living in an homeless shelter like many Americans who can't find a job. Stop feeling so entitled.

I worked in a call center for many years that was open Christmas and Thanksgiving. I missed some of those days. I spent time with my family either before or after I got off work. I made a sacrifice to ensure that my kids had a place to stay, food to eat, and lights. What's more important eating with your kids or making sure your bills are paid so your kids have a place to stay? If you aren't worried about your bills, then quit your job and stay home with your kids.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Wow, nice comparing working at Target to being in the military. This is why I don't like you people, no ethics or morals what-so-ever.

I for one am boycotting any story that is open on Thursday for Black Friday. Sucks because I really like target, they have a line of cleanser that I like that was originally from Boots in the UK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)