Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

As US Christians ramp up persection cries ...

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 170 Replies
3 moms liked this
Let's explore some real persecution perpetrated BY Christians through the centuries. I will start the ball rolling with Banburg Witch Trials. http://malefiz-house.blogspot.com/2008/08/details-of-tortures-in-malefiz-house-of.html?m=1

Anyone else have specific examples of real persecution they would like to share, in hopes of opening the eyes of those who boohooo into their coffee that they are being "persecuted" by being told to put a nativity on private grounds as opposed to city hall?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM
5 moms liked this

And Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
4 moms liked this
This is not a holiday greeting thread but if that is all you can contribute, so be it. Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful to live in a country where I am not tortured and burned at the stake because a power hungry Church abuses people's belief to get them to support real persecution.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

have a great holiday being with your family and loved ones.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

This is not a holiday greeting thread but if that is all you can contribute, so be it. Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful to live in a country where I am not tortured and burned at the stake because a power hungry Church abuses people's belief to get them to support real persecution.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

AMBG825
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I once had some rednecks shoot at my house because I had a lighted pentacle on the front door. 

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Exactly. It's Thanksgiving..You would think one day away from hating on Christians and spending it being thankful for your(general) blessings wouldn't be so hard. *sigh*

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM
6 moms liked this
How is this hating Christians? AH, you are one of those who thinks any criticism of wrongdoing by Christians is hatred. Well, I am sure you would prefer we all believe nary a Christian has done a bad thing ever in the history of being but .. too bad.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Exactly. It's Thanksgiving..You would think one day away from hating on Christians and spending it being thankful for your(general) blessings wouldn't be so hard. *sigh*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Isn't the OP a Christian?

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/politics/315/confronting_the_abusive_legacy_of_native_american_boarding_schools Just the first article I found. My Grandmother was a victim of this, She was taken away from her mother (Dakota Souix) and sent to a christian boarding school. She and her brother were beaten if they tried to use their language or follow their traditions.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Nah, but I grew up Catholic and all of my family and manyt of my friends still are. She is just oneof those who thinks if you do not pat Christians on the head and agree they are a persecuted majority, you MUST hate them.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Isn't the OP a Christian?

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

How is this hating Christians? AH, you are one of those who thinks any criticism of wrongdoing by Christians is hatred. Well, I am sure you would prefer we all believe nary a Christian has done a bad thing ever in the history of being but .. too bad.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

You assume too much. I hope some day you can let go of negative for one day, ...Hope you have a very blessed day!

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN