Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Where is everyone? What can we do to get everyone back here?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM
  • 218 Replies

Has anyone else been noticing that there seem to be fewer and fewer people here lately?  Where have they gone and how can we get them back?

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know where they are. I've stopped coming in the group as often though. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM
19 moms liked this

A slow down seems to be typical when the holiday seasons come around.  Kind of hit and miss.  People are busy.

I also think maybe some are tired of the same old crap. lol  All things anti-Obama or the war on Christmas.

We need to find some things to discuss that aren't along the same old story lines. 

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM
8 moms liked this

Many have been missing since the election season propaganda picked up- since the election, many have been missing. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM
10 moms liked this

I've been absent because I've found other things to amuse myself in downtime. Although, I have been commenting more frequently this week. That week away during Sandy was like CM rehab for me.

sherry132
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

A slow down seems to be typical when the holiday seasons come around.  Kind of hit and miss.  People are busy.

I also think maybe some are tired of the same old crap. lol  All things anti-Obama or the war on Christmas.

We need to find some things to discuss that aren't along the same old story lines. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I know. The Sandy DT coincided with my daughter's visit- I got so much done.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I've been absent because I've found other things to amuse myself in downtime. Although, I have been commenting more frequently this week. That week away during Sandy was like CM rehab for me.

andiemomo3
by Andie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I haven't been around as much either.  Since I have to work 8 to 5 my days seem gone before they get going.  I used to be on an hour a day, easy.  Now it's 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there.  I do lurk a lot.  I just haven't had much to say.

tiffyhamm
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM
9 moms liked this

I know a lot of members who participate either in other groups on here or on discussion groups on Facebook.  They grew tired of the bs in this group and either spend less time here or left altogether.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM
17 moms liked this

Many are tired of the hateful BS that gets spewed. 

Oddy_Knocky
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM
6 moms liked this

A lot of times this forum is hateful - not too enjoyable for those looking for clean debates/discussions. I'm sure that has something to do with it as well as it being the holiday season. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN