Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Do you think Chivalry is dead?

Options:

I think it is making a comeback

I think it is dead

what is chivalry?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 56

View Results

Something I read this morning is making me ask this question.

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Replies (121-121):
candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Yes, it should have started at home.   All of my daughters married men who have this characteristic.   That is probably because their father does.  He is very respectful of women and not because he sees them as less than him.

I will say here in San Antonio it seems to be like the old days.  I think it might be because we have so many bases here.  Almost every man or woman I see will hold the door for someone or give up their seat for an elderly person.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

That should have started at home, but with the birth of ultra feminism, a small group of women decided it was an `insult' to all women and society followed suit.  It is a shame,  We raised our DD to be a lady and our sons to be gentlemen.  This is precisely why you see young men allowing elderly women to STAND on the bus and not give up their seat and son's remain seated when female family members are standing or boys NOT removing their hat or caps when they walk into a house or room.  If my DH lacked these manners, I would have not married him. 

Quoting candlegal:

There was an article in my local Catholic newspaper that some Catholic schools are trying to bring it back based on young men respecting young women.  Still treating them as equals but also respecting them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured