Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Girl Suspended For Being Raped, Attackers Kicked Out Of Drama Club

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Girl Suspended For Being Raped, Attackers Kicked Out Of Drama Club

I wonder if it was a legitimate rape? Via Courthouse News:

DAYTON, Ohio (CN) – After two high school boys raped a girl on campus, the school suspended her for three days, while the boys’ only punishment was to be kicked out of drama club, the girl’s parent claim in Federal Court.

“On the afternoon of November 16, 2011, while waiting for drama club to begin, J.G. was sexually assaulted and raped by J.W. and D.W. in a storage closet at Trotwood-Madison High School,” the complaint states.

“After being attacked, J.G. reported the events to D.H. who was overseeing the drama club practice in the auditorium where the attack took place.
“D.H. drove J.G. home and failed to alert her parents that J.G. had been attacked at school.

“D.H. failed to immediately report the attack on J.G. to the public children’s services agency or the police department.”

Wow. They kicked the two boys out of the Drama Club.

In the United States, we have a system where people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Unless you are a woman making an accusation of rape. Then it becomes “presumed lying unless there’s a video of the woman screaming and the woman has never dressed or done anything sexual in their entire life.” Even then, she’s usually blamed for “ruining” the lives of her attackers.

But even in America, it’s a little unusual for a school official or teacher to wait a day to report a suspected rape, not inform the parents, or even take the victim to a hospital. Can you guess what the two boys other extracurricular activities are? I’ll bet you can!

The family claims that D.H. told only defendant Terry Logan, the school principal. They say that Logan “failed to appropriately discipline J.W. and G.W., removing them from their drama club but allowing them to remain on their sports teams.”

Ah, they’re jocks. Of course they are. I’ll bet money they’re not bench warmers either. Can’t let a little thing like rape get in the way of winning the big game, can we? That would be crazy!

In America’s rape culture, athletes are far more important than a traumatized girl. Even in high school. I can only imagine the statistics of covered up “rape by jock” incidents in colleges. They must be appalling. But that’s rape culture for you: if you get raped by someone the local community deems “important,” you should be prepared to be treated like a pariah for having the nerve to say something about it.

J.G. will be lucky if she sees a dime much less sees her attackers behind bars.

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Wth? I hope they sue the school, the teacher and anyone else who did this to that girl. 

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

That is just stupid. I hope the school board fires the principal.  I hope the family gets enough money from the lawsuit that the girl's college is paid for completely.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM
4 moms liked this
I am hoping there is more to this story.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I need more information...

MichelleJ1000
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
So freaking sad. As a parent I would want justice for my kid...legal or street as long as those guys suffer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:24 PM

well hopefully the parents sue and call the police they should have called the police first.

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this

DAYTON, Ohio (CN) - After two high school boys raped a girl on campus, the school suspended her for three days, while the boys' only punishment was to be kicked out of drama club, the girl's parent claim in Federal Court.
The minor girl, J.G., and her parents sued the two alleged rapists, J.W. and D.W., their parents, the Trotwood-Madison City School District and several school officials, including D.H., a teacher.
"On the afternoon of November 16, 2011, while waiting for drama club to begin, J.G. was sexually assaulted and raped by J.W. and D.W. in a storage closet at Trotwood-Madison High School," the complaint states.
"After being attacked, J.G. reported the events to D.H. who was overseeing the drama club practice in the auditorium where the attack took place.
"D.H. drove J.G. home and failed to alert her parents that J.G. had been attacked at school.
"D.H. failed to immediately report the attack on J.G. to the public children's services agency or the police department."
The family claims that D.H. told only defendant Terry Logan, the school principal. They says that Logan "failed to appropriately discipline J.W. and G.W., removing them from their drama club but allowing them to remain on their sports teams."
Yet, "J.G. was suspended from school for three days following the attack."
J.G. seeks punitive damages for rape, assault and battery, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, gross negligence, failure to report child abuse and due process violations.
She says she was "subjected to harassment, embarrassment, bullying and ridicule by classmates for weeks following the attack," and has been "forced to seek medical and psychological treatment for her injuries."
The family is represented by Richard Boucher, of Dayton.

This is another new copy of the same incident.  There is not too much available on this story. For some reason Dayton I think Dayton is hushing this up.  Perhaps they know they messed up..and treated femaie student unfairly..., further I think they turned a blind eye on her, and the boys were given a pass, maybe their daddies or mom's knew someone high up on the chain of command within the system, I don't know,  I bet though they can prove this was .legitiment rape

butterfly on headlynda  

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to read the article...until I read the first sentence.  I just don't seem to be interested in something serious draped in political garb.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If I've learned anything about teenagers, it is this:  There are 3 sides to every story, his, hers and the truth.  There is a lot missing from this story I suspect.

LizzieAnnesMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

So where is the rest of the story. There has got to be more. I see they never said EXACTLY why she was suspended. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)