Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If you hate food stamps...

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM
  • 123 Replies
3 moms liked this

Do you donate to your area food bank/pantry?  If not, what do you think people that are down on their luck should do to feed themselves?  

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I donate, but don't hate foodstamps.

pampire
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:32 AM

kiss

Quoting AllofFive19:

I donate, but don't hate foodstamps.

AMBG825
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:29 AM
10 moms liked this

I don't know anyone who hates food stamps. I do know people that hate the abuse within the program. I know people who hate those that are frivolous with the food stamps they get. But I don't know of anyone who hates the food stamps program itself.

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:35 AM
11 moms liked this

My thoughts exactly.

The minimum wage is not enough for people to live on and they can fall short on food.These people are the working poor and just need a helping hand at times for their family.

My goodness we are talking about allowing people and children to starve on our own soil?!?

We can help other countries....but we cant help our own?

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't hate food stamps. I also donate to various food banks plus I help out folks in my community that I know are down on their luck.
dustinsmom1
by JENN on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM
4 moms liked this

I don't hate food stamps, i hate those who abuse the system.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't hate food stamps. I do think that the PA system needs to be reformed to eliminate the ability to abuse it and live on it for years and years on end, but I don't hate PA itself.

And yes, my husband and I donate to our local food bank. My husband's mom relied on the local food bank on many occasions to provide food for her kids, so it's a cause that's particularly important to us. She was also on welfare briefly, and during that time she went back to school and finished her college degree. As soon as she had the degree, she got a job and got off welfare. As far as I'm concerned, she used PA the way that it's meant to be used and those who abuse it need to be stopped so that it's available for people like her, who legitimately need it.

free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I don't hate food stamps.  Yes I donate to the local food bank.

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:22 AM
4 moms liked this

Did anyone study the depression?   Seen pictures of the food and bread lines?   I am thankful our country provides them to those in need.

radioheid
by Libertarian on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't hate food stamps, but I do feel the program needs a hell of a lot of reform.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN