Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you donate to your area food bank/pantry?  If not, what do you think people that are down on their luck should do to feed themselves?  

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Replies (121-123):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Yes, to the Second Harvest Food Bank

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I am sorry he lost his leg. I am sorry he is fighting to save his other leg. ( Don't get me started on the drunk driver). Your BIL has a MIND! Perhaps his employment was physical so he cannot work in his field of expertise. Your BIL can and WILL work again. He has a MIND. Lack of legs is a great hinderance. Don't sell him short. He can work again. He WILL find his way again once he gets past the grieving over lose of his leg. Oh what a horrible thing to happen to him. Encourage him. He lost a leg, He is still the same person and can still suceed. We had a president with paralyzed legs you know. Legs don't make the man. He does not have to rely on Welfare and food stamps the rest of his life. That is a rough way to go. He lost a leg, he still has his MIND! Encourage him! You have to believe to encourage him. He has to believe as well.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Except if what do you propose for someone like my BIL who got hit by a drunk driver lost his leg and is fighting to save his other leg. Will be disabled for the rest of his life and will never be able to work another day in his life. Yes, he will rely on Welfare and FS for the rest of his life.

Quoting jhslove:

I firmly disagree with this line of thinking. No one is "owed" anything. No one has a right to just sit back and expect the government to feed them for life without giving anything in return. That's a sense of entitlement I just don't understand.

Quoting ReginaStar:

For those eligible ABSOUTELY. Most of those people are hardworking individuals that have gotten America to become the richest in the world. No way we should become a 3rd world country b/c the capitalist take, take, take. 

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

So the government should feed you for life?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I don't hate food stamps but yes I donate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN