Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do You Think

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 102 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think a woman should be able to have as many children as she wishes to have, irrespective of whether or not she can afford to take care of them?

Options:

YES

NO

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 75

View Results

Do you think a woman should be able to have as many children as she wishes to have, irrespective of whether or not she can afford to take care of them?

I really want YES or NO.

If you say "yes", feel free to offer your logic.

If you say "no", please do the same.

If you do not vote and want to say "other", please do.

And it pains me to feel that I HAVE TO SAY THIS, but...this post is in no way intended to bash single or partnered parents.

Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

It is not my place to tell another person what they can or can't do with their body.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:51 PM
4 moms liked this

I think poor people have the same rights to bear children as the rest of us.

ButterMeUp
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this
No, I find that to be idiotic. No one (or two) person/s can take care of 15 kids. When you start having that many the rest suffer, go with out, and are often forced to raise their siblings. Besides most middle class people can't really afford more than two.

I'm a firm believer in only having what you can afford and take care of. I find it to be extreamly selfish to just pop them out because you want a family. Families are like everything esle, you have to earn them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Do I think it's smart to have kids when you can't afford them? Nope. But I'm pro choice and that's her choice to make.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

While I think people have the right to have as many children as they wish, ethically they should be able to care for them after having them. Caring for children is more than just watching them and being with them. It takes money to raise a child. If you can't afford to raise the child you bring into the world, who really hurts? You? The child? or both? 

Just because you can do something or have the right to do something, doesn't always mean that you should. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:08 PM

No. I find it irresponsible for a person and/or parents to have more children then they can afford or care for.

I feel that way. That doesn't mean I'm going to preach about it.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

No. I find it irresponsible for a person and/or parents to have more children then they can afford or care for.

I feel that way. That doesn't mean I'm going to preach about it.

Me too, three Vee.

I am not trying to preach here, (not saying you implied I am, lol) at this point I am incredibly curious as to how many women feel which way and way.

We have seen some stories and opinions in the recent threads that surprised me, and I like that. Makes me wanna know more.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Quoting UpSheRises:

I think poor people have the same rights to bear children as the rest of us.

So if someone has a child and cannot feed child and said child dies, that is the parent's right? And is it still their right, if it happens more than once, twice?

:/

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I find it to be idiotic but do not agree with regulations on it. Slippery slope and all.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

No, I find that to be idiotic. No one (or two) person/s can take care of 15 kids. When you start having that many the rest suffer, go with out, and are often forced to raise their siblings. Besides most middle class people can't really afford more than two.

I'm a firm believer in only having what you can afford and take care of. I find it to be extreamly selfish to just pop them out because you want a family. Families are like everything esle, you have to earn them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Nov. 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

It is not my place to tell another person what they can or can't do with their body.

Hey we got more than a sigh here. **woot woot**

;)

Okay then, if YOU could not provide for your child, food clothing shelter, would you have child and another?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)