Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
My 14 y.o., who hasn't shown much interest in dating yet, has made many diverse friends in high school this year. She asked me how I would feel if she dated someone from another race. I've always considered myself very liberal. I have to admit for a minute the thought bothered me. Than it bothered me that is bothered me.. Lol! Anyway, I told her that has long as they were nice and respectable than I was okay with it.

What do you think? Is it different when it is your own child?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Replies (31-32):
radioheid
by Libertarian on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My son lives in a city in California that is over 80% Hispanic, and less than 8% white. Honestly, I'll be surprised if he ends up with a white girl. lol

Would it bother me? If it did, I would have demanded his father relinquish custody and send him to Ohio where I could shrew over his social contacts. lol I've squared with the high likelihood that fair skin and features will end with my son.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

Pink.Frosting
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM

No, it's not different with my own child.  My daughter is half white (me) and Native American/Eskimo (dh).  There is no way she could find someone with her own make up.  She is drawn towards Asian and African American boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)