Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

aahhh!!help sex talk

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
My kids are no where near old enough to date yet.I have read soo many post on it I want to be prepared.I have read things on teens and birth control and I really do not know where to go when it comes to this subject.I only sleep with one guy my whole life.Personal choice not faith based.I have friends who have had sex with many.My thing with bc is I have hard it shows kids it is ok to have sex.But on the other end it stops them.from getting pregnant.How do I handle the sex talk.What age is a good age to start.What age is a good one for dating.I am not prepared for this at all.What advice can you give on this subject?How did your child deal.with the sex talk and such?Is it true kids think.it is ok to have sex at a young age if you put them.on.birth control?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM
4 moms liked this
I started taking about sex when dd first asked where babies come from (around 3) and the conversation will be on going. I'm open with her in just about every aspect. I have little fear she'll end up a teen mom.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM
4 moms liked this

The most important thing to know that it is not "the sex talk", but a series of discussion or comments every single time it comes up.  It will not come up only once, trust me on this.  It starts with good touch bad touch when they're little, and graduates to learning about how sex works when they're preteens.  An open door is the way to go about it.  Don't bring it up until they're in their teens and it is already way too late.

amberklo
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM
My oldest is 5 so it is ok to start talking to.her about it?I am.just soo worried about making the wrong choice as far as birth control and such.I am sooo glad I am not the only.one.who worries about being a teen mom

Quoting ashellbell:

I started taking about sex when dd first asked where babies come from (around 3) and the conversation will be on going. I'm open with her in just about every aspect. I have little fear she'll end up a teen mom.

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM
4 moms liked this

The consequences to NOT being open about birth control are too big, imo.... std's, pregnancy, death. I'd rather open the door to protected sex than have an uninformed teen.

punky3175
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
This exactly. I have a 16 yr old daughter. She just recently started the pill due to severe menstrual cycles. I've talked to her (and my son) openly about sex (and everything else) for as long as I can remember. I'm not all that worried about her becoming a teen mom because that's not where her focus is.

Quoting desertlvn:

The consequences to NOT being open about birth control are too big, imo.... std's, pregnancy, death. I'd rather open the door to protected sex than have an uninformed teen.

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Knowledge is power. The more a teen knows the better decisions they can make. The talk should start early really but more as an on going thing adding more info as the hold grows. My son is four and we have a book called its not the stork. It's all geared for his age group but it help me answer his questions. We will give him more infor as he gets older
amberklo
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM
where can.I find that book??

Quoting KelliansMom:

Knowledge is power. The more a teen knows the better decisions they can make. The talk should start early really but more as an on going thing adding more info as the hold grows. My son is four and we have a book called its not the stork. It's all geared for his age group but it help me answer his questions. We will give him more infor as he gets older

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM
We got ours at barns and noble but amazon had it too. They have other books for different age groups too.

Quoting amberklo:

Quoting KelliansMom:

amberklo
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM
thank you!I am going to check it out

Quoting KelliansMom:

We got ours at barns and noble but amazon had it too. They have other books for different age groups too.

Quoting amberklo:

Quoting KelliansMom:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. The earlier the better. Just remember to make it an on going conversation...don't just talk about it once.

Quoting amberklo:

My oldest is 5 so it is ok to start talking to.her about it?I am.just soo worried about making the wrong choice as far as birth control and such.I am sooo glad I am not the only.one.who worries about being a teen mom

Quoting ashellbell:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN