Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15-Year-Old Afghan Girl Beheaded For Rejecting Marriage Proposal

Posted by   + Show Post

KUNDUZ, Afghanistan (CBSDC) — Afghan police arrest two men for allegedly beheading a 15-year-old girl after her father turned down a marriage proposal.

According to BBC News, the two men who proposed the arranged marriage and attacked her are relatives of the girl.

“Our investigation shows those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her,” a Kunduz province police official told the BBC.

The father did not want his daughter to get married because she was “too young to be engaged.”

CNN reports the girl was killed near her family’s home while bringing back water.

According to The Washington Post, dozens of Afghan women kill themselves each year in order to avoid arranged marriages.

source

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy2BeAmy
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Hm, that sucks. I wonder how Afghanistan will punish them? Be sure to post what or how they got punished and protests too. Don't leave that part out ;)

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not an honor killing in any way and I hope some frontier kinda justice gets had on them for not respecting her father's wishes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM
4 moms liked this

I first want to extend kudos to her father for rejecting the marriage proposal and hoping to salvage her youth for a bit longer.  You normally don't hear about the parents rejecting these things.  And I hope that he and his wife can get their hands on the animals that did this to their child and torture them.

candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:20 AM

so do I

Quoting LauraKW:

Article said they were arrested. I hope they aren't just released without any punishment.

Quoting candlegal:

This is really terrible.   I wonder if they will do anything to whomever did this?

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:30 AM
:-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:42 AM
I cannot wrap my mind around that kind of violence.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:44 AM
That is indeed sad. I would hope this behavior does not reflect all of the men of this country. Hopeful they will be punished to the full extent of the law.
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Horrible!

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:37 AM
I'm amazed they got arrested at all.
Aslen
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
You dont? Women here are killed for not wanting to marry someone.

Quoting tooptimistic:

I am so thankful that I live here in the states, and I don't have to worry about that happening my me or my daughter.  I can't even imagine being a female over there!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured