Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

15-Year-Old Afghan Girl Beheaded For Rejecting Marriage Proposal

Posted by   + Show Post

KUNDUZ, Afghanistan (CBSDC) — Afghan police arrest two men for allegedly beheading a 15-year-old girl after her father turned down a marriage proposal.

According to BBC News, the two men who proposed the arranged marriage and attacked her are relatives of the girl.

“Our investigation shows those who killed her were people who wanted to marry her,” a Kunduz province police official told the BBC.

The father did not want his daughter to get married because she was “too young to be engaged.”

CNN reports the girl was killed near her family’s home while bringing back water.

According to The Washington Post, dozens of Afghan women kill themselves each year in order to avoid arranged marriages.

source

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Replies (51-60):
bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Appalling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Where did i say beheaded? I said killed. happens here every day. Wheres the outrage.over this?

Quoting tooptimistic:

No, I don't worry about my daughter being beheaded if she doesn't accept a marriage proposal.  You seriously worry about it?  When was the last time that happened here?

Quoting Aslen:

You dont? Women here are killed for not wanting to marry someone.

Quoting tooptimistic:

I am so thankful that I live here in the states, and I don't have to worry about that happening my me or my daughter.  I can't even imagine being a female over there!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Because Afghanistan is a prrdominantly muslim country. And all muslims are terroristoc savages that behead willy-nilly. Duh!

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Sisteract:

Religion and Theocracies often suck-

All of them, if you look at history.

I don't see where this has anything to do with any religion.

Of course you don't

Of course not. Why would I? Is religion of any king mentioned here?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Do you have a story where that is happening here?   We should certainly be outraged over it.

Quoting Aslen:

Where did i say beheaded? I said killed. happens here every day. Wheres the outrage.over this?

Quoting tooptimistic:

No, I don't worry about my daughter being beheaded if she doesn't accept a marriage proposal.  You seriously worry about it?  When was the last time that happened here?

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting tooptimistic:

I am so thankful that I live here in the states, and I don't have to worry about that happening my me or my daughter.  I can't even imagine being a female over there!!

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I would like to see that too.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Do you have a story where that is happening here?   We should certainly be outraged over it.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting tooptimistic:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting tooptimistic:

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Apparently, it's not that it was allowed. The men were arrested,however, I hate to break the news to you, there's thousands of atrocities that happen here in the U.S. also. We just don't hear about all of them, yet that doesn't mean they don't exist. Some are even by judges and other officials. 

Needless to say, this is a horrible story and disgusting. I hope they behead the men after they are torchered (sp). Eye for an Eye. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Sad indeed.  The same people that condemn it on here will also be the ones that have no respect for this country or our armed forces.  Our freedoms guarantee this would NEVER happen in America because OUR government won't allow it. 

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:24 AM

How horrible. I can't imagine the pain the family is feeling. I'm sure these men will get what they deserve.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 8:29 AM
wait, two guys behead a teenage girland you hope they are punished "for not respecting her father's wishes"????

Quoting AdrianneHill:

That's not an honor killing in any way and I hope some frontier kinda justice gets had on them for not respecting her father's wishes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

This type of punishment is part of their long history and culture.  It is not an isolated incident.  And you are correct, atrocitieshappen everyday here in the US and they are dealt with by the judicial system.  What you refuse to acknowledge is that there is a large portion of people that DO support the beheading because it is ingrained in their culture.   `Honor killings' as such happen right here in the US and they are committed by persons of the Mid-East culture.

Quoting GOBryan:

Apparently, it's not that it was allowed. The men were arrested,however, I hate to break the news to you, there's thousands of atrocities that happen here in the U.S. also. We just don't hear about all of them, yet that doesn't mean they don't exist. Some are even by judges and other officials. 

Needless to say, this is a horrible story and disgusting. I hope they behead the men after they are torchered (sp). Eye for an Eye. 

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Sad indeed.  The same people that condemn it on here will also be the ones that have no respect for this country or our armed forces.  Our freedoms guarantee this would NEVER happen in America because OUR government won't allow it. 

manifer_momma
by Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Horrible:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)