Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

AT&T Dubbed Worst Phone Carrier Of 2012 By Consumer Reports

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM
  • 27 Replies

AT&T has done it again.

For the third year in a row, the telecommunications company was named the worst major cell phone service provider in Consumer Reports' annual ranking, released on Nov. 29. AT&T "received 'middling to low marks' in voice and text service quality," giving it the lowest overall score among carriers, according to Gizmodo.

But AT&T wasn't the only carrier customers hated on. According to NBC News, "none of the big four national carriers had an overall satisfaction score above 72 percent," making this year's marks lower than in past surveys.

Among the four major U.S. carriers -- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile -- Verizon was listed as the top-rated provider (again), receiving praise for its voice and data service quality. Engadget notes the results were based on a poll taken by over 63,250 subscribers through the Consumer Reports National Research Center.

AT&T still does have other companies beat with one service. Consumer Reports ranked its 4G LTE network the best option on the market. So... cheers to that AT&T!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/29/att-dubbed-worst-phone-ca_n_2211720.html

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Eh.

I've been with them since 2002. No complaints and I love the company. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:25 AM

hated at&t always i have verizon YAY!!!

muslimah
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:18 AM

I started with them way back in 1997 when they were still Ameritech then they switched their name to cingular and then AT&T. I stayed with them for 11 years until 2008 and I swear they were the best service I ever had. They cost a little more than others but they were the best. I wonder if that has changed.

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had them since I got my first phone, way back in 97.  Never any problems.  If I question anything on my bill, they take it off.  We drive all over the country, and rarely ever don't have a signal.  *shrugs*

AMBG825
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM

We've had AT&T for the last few years now. Never had a dropped call. We had Verizon for a while and we always got dropped calls. Sometimes we would send a text and it would show up 2 days later. Not to mention that we paid twice as much under Verizon. 

The only complaint about AT&T is that you get charged twice for data. 

andiemomo3
by Andie on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:43 AM

My only complaint is with their actual customer relations.  The service is great.  However, if a bill is wrong, lost or a payment posted incorrectly, it is always the customers fault.  AT&T many times has issues just saying "oops.  We'll fix that.". Their service people can be, well, asses.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you.

Quoting andiemomo3:

My only complaint is with their actual customer relations.  The service is great.  However, if a bill is wrong, lost or a payment posted incorrectly, it is always the customers fault.  AT&T many times has issues just saying "oops.  We'll fix that.". Their service people can be, well, asses.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I believe it.   I was thrilled when the Tmobile merger fell through, I left ATT and would have left again had they purchased Tmobile.  

AmericanChild82
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Can't stand verizon or tmobile. Have AT&T and I love it. Won't ever be using another carrier.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too

In fact people in my office were complaining about Sprint and Verizon with dropped calls and lack of service

Myself and another partner said AT&T was the best we ever had

I never have dropped calls

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Eh.

I've been with them since 2002. No complaints and I love the company. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)