Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Lol

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (121-128):
tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM

lol...smh. reminds me of these folks renting out their house and the listing said "christian, God fearing family, only."  i kept thinking, "how are they going to know?"  same with these folks and the tree, how are they going to know whether or not the person purchasing the tree is christian?  are they asking customers for their church home and phone number so they could verify membership?  eh, well...more power to 'em...i think it's stupid as hell, but whatever.

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

You could always report us to the Secret Christmas Police.

Wait until we get ahold of the Easter Bunny.  We're taking him for ourselves also. 

Quoting little.worthen:

Haha what the heck. That's pretty funny.

But also it ticks me off that a lot of people who bash God and Jesus or say he isn't real celebrate Christmas. (The Christian version) granted it was a pagan holiday, but if you're going to bash Jesus, celebrate Christmas the traditional pagan way..

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Any one know where this is?

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Haha that's actually pretty funny. I'd try and buy one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I would too and I might even go it and buy a Pentacle to wear just for that reason. I'd also have tattoos visible. :-)

Quoting ashellbell:

Haha that's actually pretty funny. I'd try and buy one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
witchybabymomma
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM

hmm I hope he doesn't sell a single tree

stormcris
by Christy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

The "Christmas tree" originated in 16th century Germany and was brought to the US in the 17th century by immigrants then acceptance spread throughout the western world around the middle of the 1800s. It was used by those in Germany to celebrate the feast of Adam and Eve. The candle decorations used by Prince Albert were the original way used by pagans for decorating the evergreens for Baccus. The decorations used on the 16th century trees were candies and the like. 

Quoting wenchmommy381:

I'm not arguing the tradition. I'm arguing the reason for current popularity. I read my bible just fine, thanks.

Quoting AMBG825:

And the tradition goes back much further than him. As far back as Babylon. Read your bible.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Our tradition of decorating trees is more from Prince Albert in the 1800s than ancient Pagans. http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/xmas/trees.html 

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

That's just silly. Decorating a tree is pagan. They brought it inside to keep from bring persecuted by Christians.

Would you prefer to be barbecue or teriyaki?
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM

oh karma tree oh yule tree.. how ever green your branches... *sings off key*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)