Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Lol

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
AMBG825
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM
11 moms liked this
He is going to ask bible questions. The ones who answer incorrectly will be allowed to buy from him. The ones who know the answers will obviously not be Christian.

Quoting lisa601:

Is there a quiz? How will he know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Apparently he doesn't like Christians and hopes non-Christians have the sense to get a cheaper tree.

Quoting romalove:

Why is he overcharging only Christians?  

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

OT, but I love that song.

Quoting wenchmommy381:

Our tradition of decorating trees is more from Prince Albert in the 1800s than ancient Pagans. http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/xmas/trees.html 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Ha

Quoting AMBG825:

He is going to ask bible questions. The ones who answer incorrectly will be allowed to buy from him. The ones who know the answers will obviously not be Christian.

Quoting lisa601:

Is there a quiz? How will he know?

MrsSamMerlotte
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Lmfao! fat chance in hell I would pay that much for a goddamn tree. Thats how I feel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I didn't even spend that much on a fake tree. Mine was $30, 6 feet, and I got a box of ornaments with it.

GLWerth
by Gina on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It is the way of his people.

Haven't you ever noticed that businesses that display the "Jesus fish" prominently are generally places you've got to watch closely to avoid getting ripped off. After several such incidents, I avoid places with them and have much better luck in receiving decent service and prices.

It would seem, from my experiences, that the more these places tout their "Christian values" the more likely they are to be dishonest. Again, this is based on my experience (and my DH and mother's).

Quoting romalove:

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I think this is a photoshopped image and I believe the point is exactly how stupid it is for christians to insist the holiday season belongs exclusively to them.

GLWerth
by Gina on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jlo1313:

Dismisses Ignoramous.

Silly Christians think trees are just for Jeebus lovers...don't they know this is a Pagan tradition?

Nope.

I remember my SIL (DH's oldest sister) sitting all the kids down and telling them that the first Christmas tree was in Florida when a poor man and his son had nothing to give the baby Jesus, so they decorated a tree with popcorn and cranberries, which were the last of their food.

That was the same year she explained how candy canes are actually J's for Jesus and the stripes represent the holy trinity.

Yeah, I'm lucky I married the sane one.

romalove
by Roma on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Quoting GLWerth:

It is the way of his people.

Haven't you ever noticed that businesses that display the "Jesus fish" prominently are generally places you've got to watch closely to avoid getting ripped off. After several such incidents, I avoid places with them and have much better luck in receiving decent service and prices.

It would seem, from my experiences, that the more these places tout their "Christian values" the more likely they are to be dishonest. Again, this is based on my experience (and my DH and mother's).

Quoting romalove:

To be honest....I've never noticed a place with a Jesus fish displayed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN