Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Lol

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
jlo1313
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Well, I am glad your SIL is rewriting history, as many Christians.

Quoting GLWerth:

Quoting jlo1313:

Dismisses Ignoramous.

Silly Christians think trees are just for Jeebus lovers...don't they know this is a Pagan tradition?

Nope.

I remember my SIL (DH's oldest sister) sitting all the kids down and telling them that the first Christmas tree was in Florida when a poor man and his son had nothing to give the baby Jesus, so they decorated a tree with popcorn and cranberries, which were the last of their food.

That was the same year she explained how candy canes are actually J's for Jesus and the stripes represent the holy trinity.

Yeah, I'm lucky I married the sane one.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Wouldn't Christians be buying Christmas trees?

Mommy4000
by Ray of sunshine on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I think it's funny!!

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM
4 moms liked this

I think I have some trees to bless in the name of Loki... (^-^)

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM

For balance, I do want to say that I used to go to a place called PTL Tire for tires (Yes, that is "Praise The Lord Tire" ) and they were honest dealers and sweet people.  They didn't ask if you were a Christian before shopping their low, low tire prices.  :)

Quoting GLWerth:

It is the way of his people.

Haven't you ever noticed that businesses that display the "Jesus fish" prominently are generally places you've got to watch closely to avoid getting ripped off. After several such incidents, I avoid places with them and have much better luck in receiving decent service and prices.

It would seem, from my experiences, that the more these places tout their "Christian values" the more likely they are to be dishonest. Again, this is based on my experience (and my DH and mother's).

Quoting romalove:

Why is he overcharging only Christians?  

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I am tempted to believe it's a photoshop.  Does anyone have any further info on this?  Either way, I say "meh."  How would they know?

lga1965
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Eeeeeek ! They're everywhere....

Oh, that is, WHERE are they selling trees only to Christians?I'll make a point of never going there. Dorks.

Sagely
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM
2 moms liked this
How odd. The very basis of Christianity is about loving others. Didn't Jesus spend a lot of time teaching about the wrongs of exclusion?

Regardless, as a Christian, I believe in spending my money wisely. $45 for a tree I could get at Home Depot for $20 plus free delivery does not seem to fit the Christian principles of fiscal responsibility.

That said, I do tend to lean away from those who overtly promote their "faith" like it's a dazzling accessory. "False prophets," in a sense, are really effing annoying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. 

I am a christian. And this guy is...dang. ...

I feel sorry for him.

Besides, a christmas tree has NOTHING to do with christians. 

And if you get right down to it, christmas its self has nothing to do with christians.

I just dont think Jesus minds if we use christmas to celebrate his birth. Even if its not accurate. 

Sagely
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Not everyone who celebrates Christmas is Christian. My dad is a raging atheist and that man goes ALL OUT.

It's just all about Santa and the fun make-believe side of it.

He goes a little crazy for Easter too. Loves the Easter Bunny and all those shenanigans.

LoL

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Wouldn't Christians be buying Christmas trees?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN