Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Polygamy

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM
  • 132 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you agree with it? 

do you believe it should be legal, so long as it is done properly, as with any other marriage? (its not acceptable to be a wife beater, and that shouldn't change just because of a poly marriage)

I see so much about equality for homosexuals. 

but what about equality for others? 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM
7 moms liked this
Consenting adult relationships are fine with me..no matter the makeup of the relationship(s).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I believe it should be legal. If it were more out in the open, there wouldn't be so many abuses taking place, like the FLDS likes to carry out.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Thanks for the opinions girls :) 

i totally agree with both of you. and something i feel a lot of people over look (because of the stigma) is that EVERY relationship can be abusive. there are 'normal' relationships with abusers, gay relationships with abusers, old/young relationships with abusers. bdsm with abusers. 

but there are also so many that are NOT abusive. kwim? 

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it should be legal. 

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I would support people's right to live in Polygamist households as long as the marriages were between consenting adults (those polygamist cults that allow kids to be sexually abused or girls to be married off at young ages make me sick).   As long as everyone involved is okay with the living arrangements, I say more power to them.  Personally, one man is more than enough for me. Lol.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM
4 moms liked this
I should never have a say I'm what consenting adults choose to do with each other (as long as they aren't hurting anyone). I'd absolutely think it should be legal. It is, after all, traditional marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, I am against poly marriages or open marriages.  I can't imagine either. 

However, if all involved are aware and consenting, go for it.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I have met a quad in a polyamorous relationship.  Three had been in the group for 14 years, the fourth having joined a year after they formed.  They had 5 children between them.  It was one of the most loving family I'd ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

Thanks for the opinions girls :) 

i totally agree with both of you. and something i feel a lot of people over look (because of the stigma) is that EVERY relationship can be abusive. there are 'normal' relationships with abusers, gay relationships with abusers, old/young relationships with abusers. bdsm with abusers. 

but there are also so many that are NOT abusive. kwim? 

babiesbabybaby development

GoddessNDaRuff
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't agree with it at all.

However, I think it should be legal as long as all parties know about each other. No having a wife in state A and another in state B. The other spouses should sign the marriage certificate when a new spouse is added.

Kelseyciarah
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I do not agree with it, it actually upsets me to think about it.

But who am I to tell someone how many people they can be in a relationship with or marry, so yes I think it shold be legal.

On this very topic though, I think there should be government involvment in these secret LDS communities, there are too may victims of poly marriages that have no way of gettin help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN