Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you agree with it? 

do you believe it should be legal, so long as it is done properly, as with any other marriage? (its not acceptable to be a wife beater, and that shouldn't change just because of a poly marriage)

I see so much about equality for homosexuals. 

but what about equality for others? 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Replies (131-132):
disneymom2two
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

It is simply a man, who loves more than one woman, (real love not lust) and his wives love him without jealousy. 

While I know its just a tv show, there is definitely jealousy on Sister Wives.  Jealousy is a human emotion and I would be that there is jealousy in polygamous marriages to some level.  

I just watched an episode on Sister Wives where 3 of the kids went and helped get a house ready for 4 teens/young adults who had escaped from polygamous cults (FLDS and another that I cant' remember).  The differences between the ways the Brown children and these others talked about being brought up were vastly different.  

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Oh absolutely. I think what i was going for was 'severely destroying type jealousy' 

the kind of jealousy that can tear even a monogamous relation apart.

a small ammount of jealousy is still normal for even single marriages. its how they handle it that makes the difference know what i mean? (general they, not the browns alone) 

Quoting disneymom2two:

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

It is simply a man, who loves more than one woman, (real love not lust) and his wives love him without jealousy. 

While I know its just a tv show, there is definitely jealousy on Sister Wives.  Jealousy is a human emotion and I would be that there is jealousy in polygamous marriages to some level.  

I just watched an episode on Sister Wives where 3 of the kids went and helped get a house ready for 4 teens/young adults who had escaped from polygamous cults (FLDS and another that I cant' remember).  The differences between the ways the Brown children and these others talked about being brought up were vastly different.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured