Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you agree with it? 

do you believe it should be legal, so long as it is done properly, as with any other marriage? (its not acceptable to be a wife beater, and that shouldn't change just because of a poly marriage)

I see so much about equality for homosexuals. 

but what about equality for others? 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM
Replies (131-132):
disneymom2two
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

It is simply a man, who loves more than one woman, (real love not lust) and his wives love him without jealousy. 

While I know its just a tv show, there is definitely jealousy on Sister Wives.  Jealousy is a human emotion and I would be that there is jealousy in polygamous marriages to some level.  

I just watched an episode on Sister Wives where 3 of the kids went and helped get a house ready for 4 teens/young adults who had escaped from polygamous cults (FLDS and another that I cant' remember).  The differences between the ways the Brown children and these others talked about being brought up were vastly different.  

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Oh absolutely. I think what i was going for was 'severely destroying type jealousy' 

the kind of jealousy that can tear even a monogamous relation apart.

a small ammount of jealousy is still normal for even single marriages. its how they handle it that makes the difference know what i mean? (general they, not the browns alone) 

Quoting disneymom2two:

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

It is simply a man, who loves more than one woman, (real love not lust) and his wives love him without jealousy. 

While I know its just a tv show, there is definitely jealousy on Sister Wives.  Jealousy is a human emotion and I would be that there is jealousy in polygamous marriages to some level.  

I just watched an episode on Sister Wives where 3 of the kids went and helped get a house ready for 4 teens/young adults who had escaped from polygamous cults (FLDS and another that I cant' remember).  The differences between the ways the Brown children and these others talked about being brought up were vastly different.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)