Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Pope = AntiChrist?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:05 AM
  • 55 Replies

I thought it was the AntiChrist that was going to force his followers to wear the mark of the beast? :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/9717310/Vatican-introduces-new-security-measures-after-Vatileaks-scandal.html

Vatican introduces new security measures after Vatileaks scandal

Vatican clergy and employees will be issued with an identity card complete with a microchip-tracking device in sweeping new security measures designed to prevent a repeat of the Vatileaks scandal.

Much tighter controls have already been introduced for anyone seeking access or photocopies of the Holy See's archives, dossiers and documents.

The Papal Apartments, which include the living quarters of Pope Benedict XVI and the offices of his personal staff inside the Apostolic Palace, are totally off limits to anyone without strict authorisation.

Slovenian priest, Mitja Leskovar, an anti-espionage expert nicknamed 'Monsignor 007', is in charge of implementing the new security procedures with the identity cards expected to be introduced from January 1.

Leskovar, who grew up in the former Yugoslavia under Communism, is responsible for the transmission of confidential documents between the Vatican and its papal nuncios or diplomats inside the Secretariat of State and also supervises all requests for document photocopying within the secretariat.

Thousands of clerical and lay staff working inside the walls of the Vatican from the Apostolic Palace to the Secretariat of State will be affected by the tighter scrutiny that will also enable their superiors to monitor when they clock in and out.

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi told The Daily Telegraph these kind of security measures had been talked about within the Vatican for years but declined to comment on any details and said he did not know the precise timing of the measures.

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherry132
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

No. The pope is NOT the antichrist. 

melschlegs
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
*eye roll*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Suzukigirl710
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this

It seems they are only "carrying" a microchipped card.  That is not "marking".  If that were the case, we as a country, are all already marked due to having social security numbers assigned to us when we are born.

I see being "marked" as in, you must have some type of bar code tattooed on your person, or a microchip IMPLANTED inside us to purchase food, water, use mass transit, and so forth.  Basically to get the necessities needed to survive.  I also think (and this is purely my opinion/theory), that the dollar in itself will become useless and we will need these "markings" to survive.  

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

It seems they are only "carrying" a microchipped card.  That is not "marking".  If that were the case, we as a country, are all already marked due to having social security numbers assigned to us when we are born.

I see being "marked" as in, you must have some type of bar code tattooed on your person, or a microchip IMPLANTED inside us to purchase food, water, use mass transit, and so forth.  Basically to get the necessities needed to survive.  I also think (and this is purely my opinion/theory), that the dollar in itself will become useless and we will need these "markings" to survive.  

I agree. There was a recent article about some schools requiring children to carry ID cards containing microchips that had to be scanned when coming and leaving school, and for school lunches, etc and there were parents screaming that their kids wouldn't use them because it was 'The Mark'!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/texas-school-district-rep_n_1949415.html

John Jay High School sophomore Andrea Hernandez refuses to use the new IDs, citing religious beliefs and instead sticking with her old badge from previous years, calling the tracking devices the "mark of the beast." She tells Salon that the new badges make her uncomfortable and are an invasion of her privacy.

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

oh look, another anti Pope post.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Have another cup of coffee...you're obviously missing the dripping sarcasm appearing here....

Quoting candlegal:

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I did miss it, probably because I am always expecting it.  And I also just poured my second cup.    Sorry  :)

Quoting Woodbabe:

Have another cup of coffee...you're obviously missing the dripping sarcasm appearing here....

Quoting candlegal:

Suzukigirl710
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:39 AM

yea, this has been going on for years.  People employed by large companies such as P&G have been using key cards to get into their buildings and to clock in and out.  I use a keycard to get into my daughters preschool.  Not sure why these parents freaked out about it being a "mark".   Right to privacy I understand. 

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting Suzukigirl710:

I agree. There was a recent article about some schools requiring children to carry ID cards containing microchips that had to be scanned when coming and leaving school, and for school lunches, etc and there were parents screaming that their kids wouldn't use them because it was 'The Mark'!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/08/texas-school-district-rep_n_1949415.html

John Jay High School sophomore Andrea Hernandez refuses to use the new IDs, citing religious beliefs and instead sticking with her old badge from previous years, calling the tracking devices the "mark of the beast." She tells Salon that the new badges make her uncomfortable and are an invasion of her privacy.

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:39 AM

What is an Anti-Christ? Anyone who INTENTIONALLY causes harm to others and doesn't things that Christ would not do...  I guess there's many Anti-christs in this world.  Aside from that, one in particular is just folklore. Doesn't exist anymore than alot of nonesense religion throws at the masses to keep them "God - fearing."

Suzukigirl710
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM

haha! I always assume they are not being sarcastic too! Hence my first post.  LOL  I guess we need stronger coffee!

Quoting candlegal:

I did miss it, probably because I am always expecting it.  And I also just poured my second cup.    Sorry  :)

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting candlegal:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN