Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Norquist: Put fiscal cliff talks on TV

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:32 AM
  • 36 Replies

Closed-door negotiations to avert the fiscal cliff haven’t yielded much progress so far, so anti-tax activist Grover Norquist has a suggestion: Put them on TV.

Norquist, the president of Americans for Tax Reform who's become Democrats’ favorite bogeyman, said if President Barack Obama meets with congressional leaders in front of cameras the American people will be able to better judge who is being “reasonable” about compromise.

“It’s the president who is threatening to raise taxes on the middle class if he doesn’t stamp his feet and get his way,” Norquist said Sunday on  NBC's “Meet the Press.” “He should get into a room with C-Span cameras there and negotiate. Lets have it in front of C-Span cameras. And if the Republicans are being reasonable, we’ll see that. If they’re not, we’ll see that. Gotta have cameras in that room.”

source

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:38 AM
I would watch

But not many others would they put the healthcare debates and vote on CSPAN
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd love to see that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I would too.   Funny how we have a President that promised to be so transparent but is  probably the least.  We will not be able to see this.

Quoting Citygirlk:

I'd love to see that.

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

That would be great....but then we could SEE them actually doing nothing...or worse yet...witness the good 'ol boy deals that got us in this pickle to begin with.

meriana
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Isn't he the guy who believes that the Corporate tax rate should be 0%?  It would be interesting to see him and others try to defend that position.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:39 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd watch to see the " Good Ol Boy Deals!"

Quoting yourspecialkid:

That would be great....but then we could SEE them actually doing nothing...or worse yet...witness the good 'ol boy deals that got us in this pickle to begin with.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Well, we have one house that is republican and one house thats dem. These guys need to walk across that aisle and deal or we are going to be frozen for the next 4 years. It's not about party, it's about Americans. 

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I would too.   Does Ben Nelson and his 300 million dollar good old boy deal ring a bell?

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Where Nebraska's state medicaid is paid fully by the feds? That deal? Speaking of deals to get Obama Care passed there was a lot of horse trading going on. We will never know the full extent. I suspect they gave away the farm. Sigh......

Quoting candlegal:

I would too.   Does Ben Nelson and his 300 million dollar good old boy deal ring a bell?

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:06 AM

that one and the new Louisiana purchase

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Where Nebraska's state medicaid is paid fully by the feds? That deal? Speaking of deals to get Obama Care passed there was a lot of horse trading going on. We will never know the full extent. I suspect they gave away the farm. Sigh......

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured