Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What keeps men from proposing marriage to the mothers of their children? *EDIT*

Posted by   + Show Post

If you don't care about marriage fine, this isn't about you.

I am speaking about situations in which the women would like to be married.  Why do men feel it is acceptable to live year after year with these women who have given them a child, expecting them to fulfill wifely duties, but never propose?

How many years is enough time to wait before the woman has a right to get angry?

These are just hypothetical questions.

ETA:

For those suggesting that she propose to him:

The whole point is that the man doesn't want to get married, so it doesn't matter if the woman proposes or not.  Imagine she did and he said no.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Replies (191-197):
charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM

From experience(not mine,LOL) I think both parties get comfortable with a live- in situation and they feel it's not necessary to rock the boat. Some men also want their cake and eat it two,lastly, as the generations change monogamy becomes less important. There really is a shift in TRADITIONAL family values! Case in point,Brad Pitt said he and Jolie would not  marry until there is equal-marriage for all,ie marriage equality..

lalasha
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Nothing they don't want to marry them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Why buy the cow if the milk is free??? I learned that the hard way with my kids sperm donors. 

With my DF... He wants a baby... I told him... you want one... you'll get one when we get married, not before that! 

lynnd4
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I believe everyone is willing to get married for the right person. I think its because shes not "it".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Because some men know they can get away with not committing fully and still get all the benefits. Women should demand more before letting them take it all. That's my opinion :) 

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I wonder why so many women will even sleep with a man and create a baby with them before they get a wedding ring on their finger. 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:21 AM

If marriage meant that much to me and I wanted to get married.  I would leave a man who didnt want what I want.

For those that stay...they have insecurity / self esteem issues

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)