Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This guy calls up the radio station.......

Posted by   + Show Post

I was listening to this radio station yesterday morning called "Kimberly and Beck in the Morning." I live in New York State but from what my SO told me, this station is almost national.

Anywho......this guy calls up and explains how he ended up getting sick and gaining weight and his girlfriend, of 10 years, left him for another guy and moved to Pennsylvania. He said how he was going to drive to PA and shoot his girlfriend and then shoot himself.

he gets off the phone......

an hour later his step son (sounded like he was about 35) calls the station and explains to Kimberly and Beck how his step father has shot guns in his home and also confirmed that his step dad had to take certain medicine which caused him to gain alot of weight and his mom got sick of taking care of him so she left.

The son also pointed out that his step dad......is a SCHOOL BUS DRIVER!!

Callers were saying how he was only saying this because he was looking for attention and that chances are he didn't mean it.

Other callers were saying how he should be taken seriously and to not ignore what he's saying. That he's crying out for HELP, not to just get attention.

Now, at first, Kimberly and Beck were debating to call the cops. Kimberly thought, why call the cops? We might make it worse by doing that. WHAT IF HIS JOB IS THE ONLY THING KEEPING HIM SANE?

Beck said that there are KIDS involved, would YOU want your kids riding the bus knowing that the bus driver was crazy in the head and threatening to kill someone?

Finally, they announced that after the show they were going to not only call the cops but also call the step son and find out where his step dad works so they could report this to his boss.

What would YOU have done if you were in Kimberly and Beck's situation?

Do you think that Kimberly has a good point? What if that job was the only thing keeping him sane?

Would you have let it go and just think he is was crying for attention?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (31-34):
vinalex0581
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM

BUMP!

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

What better way to get a new listener to come back... "Tune in tomorrow..."  a la daytime soaps.

Quoting vinalex0581:

hmmm......a stunt.

idk......if it was then i don't think that they would continue this by airing the update tomorrow morning.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Yea, it was probably a "stunt" by the radio show for ratings.

If it was a real situation anyone with professional sense wouldn't have let it play out on air.

~"Dream the dreams of others and you will be no one's rival." ~

vinalex0581
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

i thought jerry springer fights and wrestling was staged.

i guess i'm naive when it comes to this stuff.

i just thought that radio stations were honest. i guess it's gotten to the point where no one in society is honest anymore.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

What better way to get a new listener to come back... "Tune in tomorrow..."  a la daytime soaps.

Quoting vinalex0581:

hmmm......a stunt.

idk......if it was then i don't think that they would continue this by airing the update tomorrow morning.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

If it was a real situation anyone with professional sense wouldn't have let it play out on air.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say not in any medium that makes money off of viewers/listeners.  Unfortunately.  I know in our area, most morning shows are designed to be entertainment with news/weather/traffic updates, and they sometimes do pranks on co-workers and such for entertainment.

I'm not saying the station planned this, but more likely saw an opportunity to possibly snag some new listeners and are working it to their advantage.  

Quoting vinalex0581:

i thought jerry springer fights and wrestling was staged.

i guess i'm naive when it comes to this stuff.

i just thought that radio stations were honest. i guess it's gotten to the point where no one in society is honest anymore.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting vinalex0581:

hmmm......a stunt.

Quoting ms-superwoman:

~"Dream the dreams of others and you will be no one's rival." ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured