Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ted Nugent - slaughter social security, Medicare and Medicaid. Welfare recipients lose their right to vote

Posted by   + Show Post

Ted Nugent: 'Slaughter' Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Revoke Voting Rights For Welfare Recipients
Nick Wing | 1 hours ago

Comments (98)
Rocker Ted Nugent apparently still has the keys to an op-ed column over at the Washington Times, which has given him a forum to opine on how to deal with the deficit as lawmakers work to reach an agreement to avert the fiscal cliff.
According to Nugent, the debt and spending problem is so dire that the only way to even begin to address it is to simply engage in the ritual "slaughter" of entitlement programs altogether.
"The three sacred entitlement cows in the room that no politician wants to poke are Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid," Nugent wrote. "A blinding statement of the obvious is that we are never going to get our financial house in order until these sacred entitlement cows are not only poked, but slaughtered."
Nugent argued that instead of raising tax rates on the wealthiest Americans, as many Democrats including President Barack Obama have supported, Congress should hike taxes on everybody -- particularly the poorest 50 percent of Americans, whom Nugent accuses of mooching an "insane free ride."
The next step, wrote Nugent, was to suspend "the right to vote of any American who is on welfare."
"Once they get off welfare and are self-sustaining, they get their right to vote restored," he added.
Nugent ended with an offhand plea to "eliminate voter fraud" by implementing a national voter ID law.
Click over to Nugent's column for that and more extreme recommendations. If you already feel like your head is about to explode, click here for some better ideas on how Washington can responsibly address the deficit.

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM
3 moms liked this
He has red neckesia

He needs to talk to Kid Rock who took the lost like a normal human being and shook the POTUS hand

Quoting kattu:

Didn't he say he was going to kill himself if Obama won again or something? When is that going to happen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aivlys_
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone should pay Taxes. Taxes should be raised for everyone!

Quoting Aivlys_:

Wow.. I agree on some points.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kattu
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM
I didn't know Kid Rock wanted Romney to win. That makes me a little sad.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

He has red neckesia

He needs to talk to Kid Rock who took the lost like a normal human being and shook the POTUS hand

Quoting kattu:

Didn't he say he was going to kill himself if Obama won again or something? When is that going to happen?
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
He's a republican and did the weirdest PSA with Sean Penn about political differences ..it was hilarious

And weird!!

But yes, he was a Romney supporter

Quoting kattu:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

He has red neckesia

Quoting kattu:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM
3 moms liked this
The dems aren't saying the middle class shouldn't pay taxes

There are different tax rates for every income

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kattu:

No, not even close to what he said, but thanks for playing.

kattu
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM
5 moms liked this
I was playing something? Did I say I was sure? Wasn't there a question mark at the end of my sentence implying that I wasn't sure that is what he said?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting kattu:

No, not even close to what he said, but thanks for playing.

kattu
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I'm going to have to look for that! But I would have never guessed he was Republican!

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

He's a republican and did the weirdest PSA with Sean Penn about political differences ..it was hilarious

And weird!!

But yes, he was a Romney supporter

Quoting kattu:

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

He has red neckesia

Quoting kattu:

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
3 moms liked this

That's true, for half the country it is Zero.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Aivlys_
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Considerering the people he speaks of pay zero tax.. they should have to pay something... He said taxes should be raised for everyone and I agree.. I have no problem with paying more taxes. I already pay the highest rate there is now. I have a problem with some of those who pay ZERO.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Quoting Aivlys_:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN