Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Ted Nugent - slaughter social security, Medicare and Medicaid. Welfare recipients lose their right to vote

Posted by   + Show Post

Ted Nugent: 'Slaughter' Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Revoke Voting Rights For Welfare Recipients
Nick Wing | 1 hours ago

Comments (98)
Rocker Ted Nugent apparently still has the keys to an op-ed column over at the Washington Times, which has given him a forum to opine on how to deal with the deficit as lawmakers work to reach an agreement to avert the fiscal cliff.
According to Nugent, the debt and spending problem is so dire that the only way to even begin to address it is to simply engage in the ritual "slaughter" of entitlement programs altogether.
"The three sacred entitlement cows in the room that no politician wants to poke are Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid," Nugent wrote. "A blinding statement of the obvious is that we are never going to get our financial house in order until these sacred entitlement cows are not only poked, but slaughtered."
Nugent argued that instead of raising tax rates on the wealthiest Americans, as many Democrats including President Barack Obama have supported, Congress should hike taxes on everybody -- particularly the poorest 50 percent of Americans, whom Nugent accuses of mooching an "insane free ride."
The next step, wrote Nugent, was to suspend "the right to vote of any American who is on welfare."
"Once they get off welfare and are self-sustaining, they get their right to vote restored," he added.
Nugent ended with an offhand plea to "eliminate voter fraud" by implementing a national voter ID law.
Click over to Nugent's column for that and more extreme recommendations. If you already feel like your head is about to explode, click here for some better ideas on how Washington can responsibly address the deficit.

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
queenanne
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting queenanne:

I wish someone would put him out of OUR misery.

Why?

because he's ugly

Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I am simply talking about a movement of people who think you should not be able to vote for people who write the laws on TANF or FS or SS etc.  That is all I am saying.  They don't think you should be able to vote for the people who can give you more money.   However, the ones I know also think it should apply to tax breaks for business owners, politicians themselves, and those who receive subsidies.

No matter how many times the women of CM want to say people are selfish and greedy, there is a significant segment of society that is tired of what they see as paying for others because they work hard and the others don't.

Quoting krysstizzle:

And this movement is worried about that across the board, are they? They're just as concerned about the revolving doors between the federal government and large corporations that get federal money, right?

Or are they more concerned about demonizing poor people?
(and I'm assuming you're using "your welfare" in a general, sense, correct?) 

*edit for typo

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

There is a growing movement (although still small) of people who think you shouldn't be able to vote for people who can legislate your welfare.

Quoting krysstizzle:

So no rights for the poor? Lovely.

Does the same go for corporate welfare and subsidies to giant agribusiness? Do those people lose their voting rights as well?

Quoting Paperfishies:

*shrug*. I would be ok with suspending the right to vote for welfare recipients and once they become self sustaining they can vote.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM

So?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

They pay payroll taxes

Live in more dangerous neighborhoods

Have no healthcare

Horrible schools

And a lower life expectancy

Yea...riding free

Quoting Billiejeens:

So they just ride for free............................................

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

People who pay zero are broke and can't afford to feed themselves

And they do pay payroll taxes

Quoting Aivlys_:

Considerering the people he speaks of pay zero tax.. they should have to pay something... He said taxes should be raised for everyone and I agree.. I have no problem with paying more taxes. I already pay the highest rate there is now. I have a problem with some of those who pay ZERO.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

The dems aren't saying the middle class shouldn't pay taxes

There are different tax rates for every income

Quoting Aivlys_:

Everyone should pay Taxes. Taxes should be raised for everyone!

Quoting Aivlys_:

Wow.. I agree on some points.

riding along free...................................................................

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Quoting queenanne:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting queenanne:

Why?

because he's ugly

Physically unattractive to you, or as a person?

krysstizzle
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM

So, who writes these laws dealing with TANF, FS, SS, tax breaks, corporate welfare dollars, federal grants, etc? Who does that if not someone that gets voted in?

And no matter how many times some CM moms complain about poor people while either ignoring or remaining ignorant of corporate welfare which is a much bigger issue, I still find them that do completely ridiculous and disingenuous.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

I am simply talking about a movement of people who think you should not be able to vote for people who write the laws on TANF or FS or SS etc.  That is all I am saying.  They don't think you should be able to vote for the people who can give you more money.   However, the ones I know also think it should apply to tax breaks for business owners, politicians themselves, and those who receive subsidies.

No matter how many times the women of CM want to say people are selfish and greedy, there is a significant segment of society that is tired of what they see as paying for others because they work hard and the others don't.

Quoting krysstizzle:

And this movement is worried about that across the board, are they? They're just as concerned about the revolving doors between the federal government and large corporations that get federal money, right?

*edit for typo

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

There is a growing movement (although still small) of people who think you shouldn't be able to vote for people who can legislate your welfare.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Does the same go for corporate welfare and subsidies to giant agribusiness? Do those people lose their voting rights as well?

Quoting Paperfishies:

*shrug*. I would be ok with suspending the right to vote for welfare recipients and once they become self sustaining they can vote.

Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I specifically stated that also have issues for that as well.   But that doesn't matter I guess.

Quoting krysstizzle:

So, who writes these laws dealing with TANF, FS, SS, tax breaks, corporate welfare dollars, federal grants, etc? Who does that if not someone that gets voted in?

And no matter how many times some CM moms complain about poor people while either ignoring or remaining ignorant of corporate welfare which is a much bigger issue, I still find them that do completely ridiculous and disingenuous.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting krysstizzle:

*edit for typo

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting Paperfishies:

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I say, I say - I luv Foghorn

But, I don't get your point.

You are, or you are not, aware that the AHCA has end of life panels that will determined the financial viability of Health Care Treatments?

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Lol. Wow. Sharp as a sack of wet mice, as foghorn leghorn would say.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I wouldn't worry about that, The affordable care act has end of life panels that address that.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

The problem with Medicare is most pay very little of what Medicare can spend on them once they retire.   Something like 75% of health care costs are given in the last couple of years of your life once you are above 70.

I am not saying people need to die, but Medicare as we know it is not sustainable.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

How is Medicare entitlement? You pay for it in advance-sne then the generation behind you pays as well....

krysstizzle
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I was speaking generally.

So...no other answers? Who writes those laws?

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

I specifically stated that also have issues for that as well.   But that doesn't matter I guess.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting krysstizzle:

*edit for typo

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting Paperfishies:

SunFlower700
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

He did say that, I'm still waiting for it to happen.

Quoting kattu:

Didn't he say he was going to kill himself if Obama won again or something? When is that going to happen?

queenanne
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting queenanne:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting queenanne:

Why?

because he's ugly

Physically unattractive to you, or as a person?

inside and out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)