Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who said Obama voters don't want entitlements

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:19 AM
  • 151 Replies
5 moms liked this

Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out

By FOX 2 News Staff

DETROIT (WJBK) -- The city of Detroit faces a major financial crisis and one member of city council thinks President Barack Obama should step in and help.

City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month's election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city. (Click the video player to listen)

"Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that," said Watson. "Of course, not just that, but why not?"

Nearly 75 percent of Wayne County voters pulled the lever for Obama in November.

The White House has expressed no plans to bailout the cash-crunched city that some experts say could run out of money by the end of the year.

The  federal government has bailed out cities in the past, however. In 1975, President Gerald Ford extended more than $2 billion in credit to New York City to help it avoid a financial collapse.

click for video

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM
26 moms liked this

So because of this one person on City Council-You are going to judge all of the Obama Voters? I wouldn't expect anything less from a Fox news source.

If this is the logic you are going to use can we conclude that all Republicans hate gay people, all Republicans believe God plans for Rape to happen, and all Republicans think that a women's body just shuts down if it is Raped?

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Please point to where I said ALL Obama supporters

Quoting brookiecookie87:

So because of this one person on City Council-You are going to judge all of the Obama Voters? I wouldn't expect anything less from a Fox news source.

If this is the logic you are going to use can we conclude that all Republicans hate gay people, all Republicans believe God plans for Rape to happen, and all Republicans think that a women's body just shuts down if it is Raped?

ILive4This
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM
5 moms liked this

Fox will air anything.  Some people will post anything...doesn't even have to have a point.  Yawn.

MomTiara19
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM
6 moms liked this

Fox always finds these videos...lol...

I hate the stereotypes placed on Obama voters.

Here it is I am middle class and we will make it regardless(unless job loss).My father and aunt are rich and not only voted for Obama gave him money both terms during the campaigns.Trust me they do not need anything handed to them.They have enough money....and laugh when I ask them if they feel they are being punished for being rich and having to pay higher taxes.

What entitlements are we recieving??We just feel it is inhumane to allow people to be hungry in America and be without healthcare.That makes us people looking for entitlement?confused

Will never understand the conservative thinking behind that.Especially those making under $250,000 a year?

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM
4 moms liked this

Quote:

Who said Obama voters don't want entitlements

I don't see anything qualifying that as meaning less than all. It doesn't say some, doesn't say a few, doesn't say one.

If you are going to use a sensationalist title you should be prepared to defend it.

Though if the title only read, "Detroit councilwomen to Obama: We Voted for you, now bail us out" It would be accurate but no one would really care.  Leave it to Fox to twist and distort something like this.

Quoting candlegal:

Please point to where I said ALL Obama supporters

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM

yes because Fox News put those words in her mouth

Quoting brookiecookie87:

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM

No you never will and I will never understand the thinking of a mindset that could vote for Obama.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Here it is I am middle class and we will make it regardless(unless job loss).My father and aunt are rich and not only voted for Obama gave him money both terms during the campaigns.Trust me they do not need anything handed to them.They have enough money....and laugh when I ask them if they feel they are being punished for being rich and having to pay higher taxes.

What entitlements are we recieving??We just feel it is inhumane to allow people to be hungry in America and be without healthcare.That makes us people looking for entitlement?confused

Will never understand the conservative thinking behind that.Especially those making under $250,000 a year?

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM
6 moms liked this
Your title is lumping all Obama voters together. Do you really think its true that we all want *entitlements*? Most of us are like me: they work and are middle class and couldn't get assistance if we wated to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM
6 moms liked this

I never said she didn't say that. Did you read what I said or are you just trying to defend Fox New's version of journalism?

If you read my second post I even specifically say that the title would be accurate if it said, "Detroit Councilwomen to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out".

That would be accurate. But she is only one person and doesn't account for the majority of Obama voters. When the Title is, "Who said Obama voters don't want entitlements" it is implying something very different.

Very wrong. And very misleading.

Using that Logic we can say all Republicans believe God plans for Rape to happen, that all Republicans believe a women's body shuts down if Raped, and that Gay people are abominations. Because no Democrat/Liberal made Republicans say that either. They said it. But just because a few individuals say something doesn't mean the whole entire party believes the same thing.

Quoting candlegal:

yes because Fox News put those words in her mouth

Quoting brookiecookie87:

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM
5 moms liked this

It might be because you believe everything you hear from Fox News. If you believe everything you see on Fox News I can easily understand why you wouldn't understand a thing about Obama Supporters. Nearly everything you hear about them is a generalization, a fabrication, a exaggeration.

The fact that you don't understand MomTiara19 but you are completely fine with looking at one city Councilwoman and judging an entire group of people based on that one person says a lot.

Quoting candlegal:

No you never will and I will never understand the thinking of a mindset that could vote for Obama.

Quoting MomTiara19:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured