Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I don't think many parents would make the this kind of sacrifice...Edit in blue ~Edit again

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 302 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Would you give up your room and bed so your kids can have their own rooms?

Options:

No. As a parent i need my own space. I'll buy them bunkbeds

I would only if my kids were oposite sex

If my kids really needed their own space, I would take the livingroom in a heart beat

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 244

View Results

We finally have our own "room" I strung up some sheets in the dining room laid down a full bed. We now only have a tiny space to eat but I am officially sleeping with my husband every night! Yea me!!!ttc*So not TTC but that's the only sweet pea I could find with a bed LOL*

Edit: I just wanted to say that I am pleasantly surprised about the poll! So many of you would in fact give up their space if your child really needed it. That puts a smile on my face, knowing I'm not alone. high five

I have three kids; two girls and a boy and a very small apartment. Back in our old house everyone had their own room but since we moved sacrifices had to be made.

Our apartment only has two bedrooms. So we had to make a choice. Either have all three kids share a room, or we could give the girls one room and our son the other while me and dh took the livingroom with an air mattress.

So that's what we did. Or at least tried. The air mattress popped so dh ended up with the couch while I sleep on an army cot in the girls room.

You don't know how much I miss sleeping on a big soft bed in my own room. A place where I can shut the door and get away from everyone. Sigh... Even my sex life has taken a turn. It's hard to get in the mood while having a facuet in your back while the kids yell, "I have to go potty!" lol

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM
14 moms liked this
I don't think I would be in that situation in the first place.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM
8 moms liked this

I voted no, but really, there needs to be another option.  As a married woman, I would never give my room to any of my kids.  As a single mom, I'd be much more likely to, especially if the kids in question are teens of mixed sexes.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

For a few years growing up we lived in one bedroom places so my sister and I shared a room while my parents took the livingroom. We HATED IT. Me and her constantly fought. So when we finally moved into a two bedroom apartment, my mom agreed to take the livingroom once again so we could have our own rooms. My mom slept on the couch for 6 years...

Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Most moms wouldn't find that to be an issue they have to deal with.

GLWerth
by Gina on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

A room can be divided in a number of ways, but parents need to tend to themselves as well. Sharing a room isn't that big a deal.

luvmyaustin
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

absolutely i have done it before we had a one bedroom apartment we gave our son 6 at the time the room we slept in the living room on futons.

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting LauraKW:

I don't think I would be in that situation in the first place.

Yes because you are perfect right?

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Well this poll was written assuming you're married like I am.

Assuming that you are married, would you still make your oposite sex teenagers share a room?

Quoting kailu1835:

I voted no, but really, there needs to be another option.  As a married woman, I would never give my room to any of my kids.  As a single mom, I'd be much more likely to, especially if the kids in question are teens of mixed sexes.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

*High five* mama :-)

Quoting luvmyaustin:

absolutely i have done it before we had a one bedroom apartment we gave our son 6 at the time the room we slept in the living room on futons.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mortiferouslatt
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM
3 moms liked this
I would invest in a couch that has a couch bed, and at least some bead curtains for the doorway but it wouldn't kill me to not have my room. I'm only in there at night and when I'm sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)