Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I don't think many parents would make the this kind of sacrifice...Edit in blue ~Edit again

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you give up your room and bed so your kids can have their own rooms?

Options:

No. As a parent i need my own space. I'll buy them bunkbeds

I would only if my kids were oposite sex

If my kids really needed their own space, I would take the livingroom in a heart beat

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 244

View Results

We finally have our own "room" I strung up some sheets in the dining room laid down a full bed. We now only have a tiny space to eat but I am officially sleeping with my husband every night! Yea me!!!ttc*So not TTC but that's the only sweet pea I could find with a bed LOL*

Edit: I just wanted to say that I am pleasantly surprised about the poll! So many of you would in fact give up their space if your child really needed it. That puts a smile on my face, knowing I'm not alone. high five

I have three kids; two girls and a boy and a very small apartment. Back in our old house everyone had their own room but since we moved sacrifices had to be made.

Our apartment only has two bedrooms. So we had to make a choice. Either have all three kids share a room, or we could give the girls one room and our son the other while me and dh took the livingroom with an air mattress.

So that's what we did. Or at least tried. The air mattress popped so dh ended up with the couch while I sleep on an army cot in the girls room.

You don't know how much I miss sleeping on a big soft bed in my own room. A place where I can shut the door and get away from everyone. Sigh... Even my sex life has taken a turn. It's hard to get in the mood while having a facuet in your back while the kids yell, "I have to go potty!" lol

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Replies (241-250):
notdown4games
by Shane on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I gave up my room for my oldest son. The boys used to share a room. But there wasn't enough room for brandons hospital bed, trach supplies, and equipment. I've been on the couch for awhile now. My want for privacy and personal space arent more important than the kids needs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

My girls love that I sleep in their room,lol.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Which ever kid wanted too I guess. My dd7 would be thrilled lol

Quoting paganbaby:

Who would you share a room with?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

THat would never happen. If it did we could share a room.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Poor baby! Why does your son need all of that?

Quoting notdown4games:

I gave up my room for my oldest son. The boys used to share a room. But there wasn't enough room for brandons hospital bed, trach supplies, and equipment. I've been on the couch for awhile now. My want for privacy and personal space arent more important than the kids needs

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Not too much at the moment. As my son gets older and more independent, I should be able to look for a better paying job.

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

So what are you doing to change things?

Quoting paganbaby:

I do work. I just don't make that much.

As for the military, my husband likes his job and I need to be here for the kids.

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

I don't understand how you can live like this. Cant you find any kind of job to work when your DH is home? Maybe one of you should join the military.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM

How many kids do you have?

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

We have been there before and absolutely we took the living room and let the kids have the rooms.

momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
By joining the military does not mean that their financial situation would all of a sudden greatly improve. Also the military is not for everyone, it is a very dificult life style. Plus with all the cuts being made to the military it's very likely that if one of them did join they wouldn't be there for very long!

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

I don't understand how you can live like this. Cant you find any kind of job to work when your DH is home? Maybe one of you should join the military.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I'd think that you would be happy.

I'm owning up to my choices and paying the consequences of it.

Why should I make my kids suffer because I can't provide a bigger home for them??

Quoting PortiaRose:

She could have taken extra measures to give her kids privacy. She pays the rent she gets the room. Its not sleeping anywhere. Its sleeping in their own beds just not in the master bedroom. They have a roof, they have beds, and they're warm and fed.

Its about comfort. Some children don't mind sharing. Oh, that's nice. Sometimes you have to do it whether or not you mind.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I like this site, it is a daily reminder of how selfish, self centered and entitled a lot of the women are on here.

I have re-thought my position, she should have gone to the Government and demanded funding from her neighbors so that she could live in a house that fits them all, how dare her mother teach her to be self sufficient and not be a drain on society.

Quoting PortiaRose:

This was a strange comment. I thought that was sarcasm.
She did not have a good foundation. She had a foundation of instability and poverty. Her mother showed her that love for your child is a self-debasing type of love. That was inappropriate sacrifice, and look, history is repeating itself.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting paganbaby:

For a few years growing up we lived in one bedroom places so my sister and I shared a room while my parents took the livingroom. We HATED IT. Me and her constantly fought. So when we finally moved into a two bedroom apartment, my mom agreed to take the livingroom once again so we could have our own rooms. My mom slept on the couch for 6 years...

Sounds as if you have a pretty good foundation, sorry to hear that things aren't great, hoping it gets better.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

All this and more.

My poor Bil was let go from the Navy. Him and his wife had to move with his parents.

Quoting momma2b2008:

By joining the military does not mean that their financial situation would all of a sudden greatly improve. Also the military is not for everyone, it is a very dificult life style. Plus with all the cuts being made to the military it's very likely that if one of them did join they wouldn't be there for very long!

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

momma2b2008
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this
There is no such this as job security anymore! It's very sad!

Quoting paganbaby:

All this and more.

My poor Bil was let go from the Navy. Him and his wife had to move with his parents.

Quoting momma2b2008:

Quoting LilyofPhilly:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notdown4games
by Shane on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM
His trach is secondary to the pfeiffer syndrome. People with pfeiffrrs have narrow, deviayed tracheas that dont stay rigid like theyre supposed to(so the trach holds the airway open and provide adequate air flow). The equipment is for trach care (boxea of suction catheters to get the secretions out that could impede breathing. An air compresser with humidified air to keep his trach and lungs from drying out. His suction machine. Etc). The hospital bed is to keep him elevated while he sleeps and alleviate intracranial pressure. And also to keep him elevated post op to help decrease swelling and drainage around/from his incisions. Sorry this is so long. With pfeiffer syndrome, surgeries, and his trach....... Its kind of involved

Quoting paganbaby:

Poor baby! Why does your son need all of that?

Quoting notdown4games:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN