Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

teachers

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am so thankful for my daughter's teacher this year! The school did something different this year & put all of the upper level & gifted kids in his class. He is a tough teacher, pits the kids against each other & pushes them with challenges. He is teaching them Singapore math, & they are currently reading an 8th grade book.....A Christmas Carol. That book is tough even for me. I just hope next year's teacher is as great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lga1965
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:24 PM

It is so nice to read a positive post !

It seems there is a lot of negativity and mistrust of teachers (and the medical profession ) here at CM.....hard to understand!

My grandkids have had excellent teachers in the last 9 years since they moved to this school district. My kids had great teachers too in Florida,North Carolina, Las Vegas, and Armed Forces dependent schools in Germany. I only had one complaint---a teacher in NC who was verbally abusive to her students--I saw it first hand as a Teacher's Aid in her 6th grade classroom.

Otherwise, I have always been happy with teachers and respect them for the work they do. Its a tough job and too many parents don't appreciate them.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Congrats on her accomplishments. What grade is she in? 

My 4th grade teacher had us read a Christmas Carol.. I never thought of it as a upper level book... 

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM
There is a youth version of the book aimed at 4th & 5th graders. The actual classic is 8th & up. She is in 4th, but on different grade levels for various subjects. Math, she is on a 9th grade level & so on.

Quoting Sekirei:

My 4th grade teacher had us read a Christmas Carol.. I never thought of it as a upper level book... 

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
He is awesome. I love it when he competes with the kids on "college" challenges. She loves getting better scores than her teacher lol

Quoting lga1965:

It is so nice to read a positive post !

It seems there is a lot of negativity and mistrust of teachers (and the medical profession ) here at CM.....hard to understand!

My grandkids have had excellent teachers in the last 9 years since they moved to this school district. My kids had great teachers too in Florida,North Carolina, Las Vegas, and Armed Forces dependent schools in Germany. I only had one complaint---a teacher in NC who was verbally abusive to her students--I saw it first hand as a Teacher's Aid in her 6th grade classroom.

Otherwise, I have always been happy with teachers and respect them for the work they do. Its a tough job and too many parents don't appreciate them.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Congrats mama, you are doing good. 

I guess that is why I didn't think anything of it.. I was in a gifted program (we didn't have specific teachers.. I was sent to a cram school type thing three times a week for two hours after school)

Quoting Jack_Squat:

There is a youth version of the book aimed at 4th & 5th graders. The actual classic is 8th & up. She is in 4th, but on different grade levels for various subjects. Math, she is on a 9th grade level & so on.

Quoting Sekirei:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN