Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Random unknown movie recommendations

Posted by   + Show Post
I was just responding in another post about cadence, and it reminded me of the movie Cadence. I don't think many people know about it, but it is an excellent movie that I highly recommend to everyone - not an appropriate family movie. Stars Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen and the acting is outstanding, I was truly moved by the movie and think about it often. I watched it with my father and it was sort of a bonding moment for us.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for under seen movies they can share? I love to watch well made movies that go unnoticed by the mainstream. Cadence is worth your time. Come back and tell us what you think if anyone watches it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to see it, even the US version looks hilarious!

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

it is a comedy.  It is SO MUCH funnier than the American version.

Quoting LauraKW:

Is that a comedy? Sounds familiar.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Death at a Funeral... the original British version...

krysstizzle
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

In the Time of the Butterflies

Motorcycle Diaries

Y Tu Mama Tambien

bchic24
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM
The Fall and Phoebe in Wonderland....this one made me cry, amazing! Oh and The Other Woman....also made me cry like a baby and no neither of them are chick flicks lol.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Wait, did Killer Joe star a troubled blonde boy? I can't remember details but I may have seen that. Tell me about it.

Quoting Paperfishies:

The squid and the whale

Tree of Life

Let the right one in

Killer Joe

Moonrise Kingdom
Claire-Huxtable
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM
So much funnier!

I saw that around the same time as the movie "Once." Another great little movie, but was from Ireland.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

it is a comedy.  It is SO MUCH funnier than the American version.

Quoting LauraKW:

Is that a comedy? Sounds familiar.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Death at a Funeral... the original British version...

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Haven't seen Hitchhiker's Guide but I used to watch the tv show. Was afraid the movie wouldn't do the show justice. Is it as good as the show?

Quoting krysstizzle:

Motorcycle Diaries

Y Tu Mama Tambien

TugBoatMama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I liked Sunshine Cleaning. Emily Blunt and Amy Adams have wonderful chemistry here.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Who is in The Other Woman?

Quoting bchic24:

The Fall and Phoebe in Wonderland....this one made me cry, amazing! Oh and The Other Woman....also made me cry like a baby and no neither of them are chick flicks lol.
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I loved Cadence!

My recommendation is 'The Last of the Dogmen'.

"Last of the Dogmen" is actually a very moving and magical film. Tom Berenger plays a Montana bounty hunter who helps an anthropologist (Barbara Hershey) search for the descendants of a Cheyenne tribe who disappeared in the 1870s. What the two find in a remote mountain stretch is an entire community of Cheyenne who have kept themselves cut off from the modern world. A "Dances with Wolves" parallel emerges as the white outsiders gradually fit in, but "Last of the Dogmen" stands up just fine without comparison to any other films. As in Kevin Costner's Oscar-winning movie, however, there are ways in which this film captures a similar sense of yearning, mystery, and loss. "--Tom Keogh"

krysstizzle
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I never watched the show, but I have read the book.

I hear mixed reviews from people on the show vs. movie. I think the movie is completely brilliant, though. So, basically, I'm no help lol

Quoting LauraKW:

Haven't seen Hitchhiker's Guide but I used to watch the tv show. Was afraid the movie wouldn't do the show justice. Is it as good as the show?

Quoting krysstizzle:

Motorcycle Diaries

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)