Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Random unknown movie recommendations

Posted by   + Show Post
I was just responding in another post about cadence, and it reminded me of the movie Cadence. I don't think many people know about it, but it is an excellent movie that I highly recommend to everyone - not an appropriate family movie. Stars Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen and the acting is outstanding, I was truly moved by the movie and think about it often. I watched it with my father and it was sort of a bonding moment for us.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for under seen movies they can share? I love to watch well made movies that go unnoticed by the mainstream. Cadence is worth your time. Come back and tell us what you think if anyone watches it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
TugBoatMama
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Somewhat. They start out as just a couple of hacks trying to make a buck and they learn that they know nothing about biohazards or laws regarding disposal of human decomp. But the business begins to grow and the main characters begin to come into thier own. It was pretty good.

Quoting LauraKW:

Cool, does it delve into the crime scene cleaning aspect much? I've always thought that job intriguing.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

She started a Crime Scene cleaning business after she got to thinking about how stagnant her life had become.

Quoting LauraKW:

Was that about a woman who had wealthy friends and she cleaned houses?

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I liked Sunshine Cleaning. Emily Blunt and Amy Adams have wonderful chemistry here.

The_Doodle
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This is such an incredible movie. I still listen to the soundtrack CDs all of the time.

Quoting lga1965:

"Across the Universe" a combination drama and musical, with Beatles tunes interwoven. Maybe this is more well known to you  than I think ? I loved it.I have been  Beatles fan since 1964 when I was in college.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Not what I was thinking about, gonna have to look it up now.

Quoting bchic24:

Natalie Portman, Scott Cohen, Lisa Kudrow, Anthony Rapp, and Debra Monk. It's based off the book Love and Other Impossible Pursuits.

Quoting LauraKW:

Who is in The Other Woman?

Quoting bchic24:

The Fall and Phoebe in Wonderland....this one made me cry, amazing! Oh and The Other Woman....also made me cry like a baby and no neither of them are chick flicks lol.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Love that movie!!!

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

The Power of One

The Power of One is a 1992 dramatic film based on the 1989 novel of the same name by Bryce Courtenay. Set in South Africa during the '30s and '40s, the film centers on the life of Peter Philip 'P.K.' Kenneth-Keith (Guy Witcher), a young English boy raised during the apartheid era, and his relationship with a German pianist, a black prisoner, and a boxing coach. Directed and edited by John G. Avildsen, the film stars Stephen Dorff, John Gielgud, Morgan Freeman, Armin Mueller-Stahl, and Daniel Craig in his first major film role.

The_Doodle
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Saved is also a favorite of mine.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I remember the previews for that, looked very dark. Is Gina Gershon in it?

Quoting Paperfishies:

Killer Joe just came out...has MatthewMcConaughey plays a cop who is also a hit man and a troubled young adult hires him to kill his mom.

Quoting LauraKW:

Wait, did Killer Joe star a troubled blonde boy? I can't remember details but I may have seen that. Tell me about it.

Quoting Paperfishies:

The squid and the whale

Tree of Life

Let the right one in

Killer Joe

Moonrise Kingdom

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

If you were a band geek in high school, Brassed Off is a great movie. 

Robbin74
by New Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Winter's Bone

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM
LOVED Pan's Labyrinth, absolutely striking movie on many levels.

Quoting The_Doodle:

Pan's Labyrinth

May

ashellbell
by shellbark on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Saved, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Shattered Glass, Fanboys, Hot Rod (if you like dumb comedy).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN