Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i explain this to my 6 year old?

Posted by   + Show Post

Today my life took a turn for the weird...

We've got two female dogs. Tuesday & Pearl. Tuesday is actually a hermaphrodite which we've know since she was a puppy. She presents as female...she doesn't have balls or anything, her lady parts are just a little bigger than most dogs. People usually just think she's in heat when they see her.

Well, they both just went through heat cycles. Turns out...Pearl is pregnant.

Yeah...she hasn't been around any other dogs, we have a privacy fence but we stayed in the yard with her every time she went out because we were afraid she would try and escape to find a boyfriend. That only leaves one suspect.

So my "female" dog impregnated my other dog. How do we explain this to my 6yo?

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Peanutx3
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:35 PM
LOL I'm dying over here.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting kailu1835:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm sorry. That's really not very funny. But it is.
I think I'd tell my kid it was a miracle lol

No...it's super funny. When DH and i made realized what must have happened we laugh so hard we cried. They are small dogs so she might only have 1 puppy. If she does we're naming it Jesus.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

She must be. We'll know for sure when the puppies arrive.

Ugh...a house full of puppies in the middle of winter...

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

No big deal.Dogs leap over fences, make love between fences. Your sneaky dog in heat may have crawled under the fence. Or your hermaphrite dog Tuesday is actually a "MALE " and he had a feild day in the back yard with the privacy fence. Congrats mama!!!!!! Get the nesting box ready! Be prepared to assist. Personally I think that hernarphrodite dog is more male than you give it credit for!  

LoganTroyMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:39 PM
these days it seems parents are pressured to bombard their kids with weird shit from an early age to desensitize them in an effort to promote tolerance. I disagree with that method.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Yeah, ya don't.  Why would you?

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

you don't, she's 6!! make something up!! people take being honest with their kids way too far these days.. let the girl be a kid.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Kind of... She has a regular looking dog labia with what looks like a GIANT clitoris sticking out of it...which we now suspect is actually a penis. (The vet refers to is as "the obstruction"). We didn't know if she had testies or ovaries on the inside but the vet said it didn't really matter since they probably wouldn't be functional.

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

does tuesday have a penis?

Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I don't know about weird, but a six year old doesn't need to know about reproduction.

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

these days it seems parents are pressured to bombard their kids with weird shit from an early age to desensitize them in an effort to promote tolerance. I disagree with that method.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

you don't, she's 6!! make something up!! people take being honest with their kids way too far these days.. let the girl be a kid.

With light and love

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Well if you know it takes a boy and a girl to make a baby it would seem strange to get pregnant without a boy.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

LoganTroyMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
they don't need to know about reproduction, anything sexual, gender preferences or sexualities.. what you do or who you are is up to you but leave the kids out of it..

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I don't know about weird, but a six year old doesn't need to know about reproduction.

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

momof2ex1
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM
LmFao!!! Bahahahahaa

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting kailu1835:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm sorry. That's really not very funny. But it is.
I think I'd tell my kid it was a miracle lol

No...it's super funny. When DH and i made realized what must have happened we laugh so hard we cried. They are small dogs so she might only have 1 puppy. If she does we're naming it Jesus.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM

IMHO, six year olds don't need to know about reproduction.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Well if you know it takes a boy and a girl to make a baby it would seem strange to get pregnant without a boy.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

With light and love

momof2ex1
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Apparently the vet was wrong lol have you called your vet yet??? Lol

Quoting UpSheRises:

Kind of... She has a regular looking dog labia with what looks like a GIANT clitoris sticking out of it...which we now suspect is actually a penis. (The vet refers to is as "the obstruction"). We didn't know if she had testies or ovaries on the inside but the vet said it didn't really matter since they probably wouldn't be functional.

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

does tuesday have a penis?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured