Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

May reach $3.00 by Christmas

What's prices where you are?

Gas Prices May Drop Under $3 By Fall

Have drivers seen the worst? Analysts say the latest oil prices indicate that gas prices may settle below $3 by the fall.

With gas prices down 6 percent in the last month alone and down $0.49 since prices hit their peak in April, oil speculators like Tom Kloza expect to see the trend continue. "The market is suggesting gas below $3 by Halloween and certainly by Thanksgiving," he told USA Today.

Lower prices at the pump come just in time for summer's peak driving season. AAA projects 42.3 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more over the Fourth of July weekend -- nearly a 5 percent increase in travel from last year -- with 35 million choosing to travel by car.

According to AAA's daily fuel gauge report, the current national average gas price is $3.45 per gallon, and crude oil prices have fallen to $78 a barrel, the lowest since late winter, according to market reports from West Texas Intermediate.

While the earlier fears of $5 per gallon pricing have been called "apocalyptic," many consumers are still feeling pain at the pump. Patrons of stations in the South may have been seeing magic numbers like $2.99, but motorists on the west coast are seeing gas price averages hovering above $4.

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Replies (61-69):
Lullababy
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Saw 3.0199 today, yesterday it was pi. Crazy drop but ill take it.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM

around 3.20

Zawifey
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM

$3.29

m0m23b0ys458
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM

$3.30

jesusismyfriend
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Where everyone keeps saying they are falling but where I live they haven't budged for months. It is still 3.69 a gallon here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Gas Prices May Drop Under $3 By Fall

Have drivers seen the worst? Analysts say the latest oil prices indicate that gas prices may settle below $3 by the fall.

With gas prices down 6 percent in the last month alone and down $0.49 since prices hit their peak in April, oil speculators like Tom Kloza expect to see the trend continue. "The market is suggesting gas below $3 by Halloween and certainly by Thanksgiving," he told USA Today.

Lower prices at the pump come just in time for summer's peak driving season. AAA projects 42.3 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more over the Fourth of July weekend -- nearly a 5 percent increase in travel from last year -- with 35 million choosing to travel by car.

According to AAA's daily fuel gauge report, the current national average gas price is $3.45 per gallon, and crude oil prices have fallen to $78 a barrel, the lowest since late winter, according to market reports from West Texas Intermediate.

While the earlier fears of $5 per gallon pricing have been called "apocalyptic," many consumers are still feeling pain at the pump. Patrons of stations in the South may have been seeing magic numbers like $2.99, but motorists on the west coast are seeing gas price averages hovering above $4.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Where everyone keeps saying they are falling but where I live they haven't budged for months. It is still 3.69 a gallon here.

candlegal
by Judy on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I believe it depends on what part of the country you live in.  I live in Texas and they are falling here.  In fact, dropped three more cents yesterday, we are down to $3.08 a gallon.

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

ejsmom4604
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Really wish I had some of the prices y'all are getting. Where I live in the Southeastern PA area it is between $3.45 and $3.49 a gallon. Still better than what it was a month ago, but dang would love $3.15 a gallon.

ejsmom4604
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Can go here to check gas prices anywhere in the U.S. http://gasbuddy.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)