Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

PSY apologizes for anti American lyrics

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you think he really should have to?

I don't think he should. He was angry about the US being in his country so he did a song about it. He shouldn't have to apologize,whether it's sincere or not
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM

No, he shouldn't apologize, because we all know the apology isn't sincere anyway. He's a fucking scum-bag.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM

How do you know this?

If I remember (Correct me if I am wrong), those lyrics came out after America soldiers killed two little girls (Ran them over) and we refused to give the soldiers to them to be charged for the crime.

Now I admit that we did the right thing. Those soldiers were on duty and doing what they were suppose to be doing.

But I know if some other foreign army was in  our land and killed two little girls and their military refused to give them over and then let them go scott free we would have people saying the exact thing out of anger as well. And after having time to cool down they might think back and say, "Maybe I overreacted a lot about that".

Quoting radioheid:

No, he shouldn't apologize, because we all know the apology isn't sincere anyway. He's a fucking scum-bag.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

radioheid
by Libertarian on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Here we go again.

It takes a lot of time and money to produce a song, and an album, for that matter. He had a lot of time to think about this, and went ahead with it anyway, all the way to the bank. He waited until there was public outcry to "apologize", which says the apology is not sincere.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

How do you know this?

If I remember (Correct me if I am wrong), those lyrics came out after America soldiers killed two little girls (Ran them over) and we refused to give the soldiers to them to be charged for the crime.

Now I admit that we did the right thing. Those soldiers were on duty and doing what they were suppose to be doing.

But I know if some other foreign army was in  our land and killed two little girls and their military refused to give them over and then let them go scott free we would have people saying the exact thing out of anger as well. And after having time to cool down they might think back and say, "Maybe I overreacted a lot about that".

Quoting radioheid:

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM

You could be right. It was a collaboration though, right? I thought it was something along the lines of like when we have a disaster and a bunch of artist get together real quick and put something out.

What he said is pretty horrible. I can't see someone famous putting that back out there just for the sake of doing it.

And considering the outcry is from the US he didn't have any real reason to apologize. The South Koreans that remember the event likely don't care all that much. And they are the people who will be buying his songs/concerts tickets. Unless for some odd reason another of his songs go viral over here.

Quoting radioheid:

Here we go again.

It takes a lot of time and money to produce a song, and an album, for that matter. He had a lot of time to think about this, and went ahead with it anyway, all the way to the bank. He waited until there was public outcry to "apologize", which says the apology is not sincere.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

How do you know this?

Quoting radioheid:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Has he donated all the money he made, as well as all the money he made when he participated in all of those anti-American concerts to something good? Anyone can apologize while they're raking in American money. What's he doing with his anti-American money?

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Why should a non-American have to apologize for saying something anti-American? Should we go around demanding that all the Americans that badmouthed France *and every other country they can think of* give public apologies for it??   There are plenty of American musicians that have badmouthed other countries, you don't see anyone demanding they apologize or calling them " a fucking scum-bag."

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Hold up, are people seriously pitching a fit over something he said over 6 years ago??? This "controversy" is ridiculous, talk about manufactured outrage.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Is that dude who sings that annoying song in Korean?  

I do not care what he has to say or what he thinks.

But I will say this, the thought crossed my mind that he is 'sorry' while banking in the American dollar.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I don't care. I still love K-pop.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Is that dude who sings that annoying song in Korean?  

I do not care what he has to say or what he thinks.

But I will say this, the thought crossed my mind that he is 'sorry' while banking in the American dollar.

How is he "banking in the American Dollar"? He's a Korean star, the only reason anyone in America even knows he exists is because he had a KOREAN music video go viral here. He didn't get so much as a single American penny for that. He didn't ask for any American money or fame. He can't help that this happened over 6 years after he spoke out against America.

Have you never been sorry about something you said or did over 6 years ago?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)